Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Interesting report from Minelab comparing the E-Trac to the V3

E-Trac001

Minelab just released a 6-page report touting the E-Trac over the V3 . . . an interesting read although in reading the specific claims and comments, some eyebrows do go up . . . . . here's the text without the images . . . . having both detectors, they are both solid performers and each has features or capabilities the other may not match . . . . . . guess it's in the eye of the beholder when it comes to what facts are the ones that are brought up and which are downplayed . . . . . be interested to see what other posters think of the specifics in the report . . . have my thoughts

=========================================

[size=large]Minelab

[attachment 130729 popcorn.gif]

n/t

Wonder where this came from. I've been trying to log on to Minelab's website for several weeks and have been unable to get it to load. Maybe just me. Interesting they didn''t compare the weight of the units. Or the cordless headphones. Pretty low class for a company to stoop to such tactics. Sounds like p%^&s envy.

jimmyk in missouri

Yep, it goes on all of the time. A guy bought a ML Safari and got a free BH 505 with it. He sold the Safari for $200 because he couldn't find anything with it and loved using the 505. Go figure. That was on the MD'ing forum.

Obviously this report is totally slanted to the E-Trac since it was written by Minelab. Just like a report written by White's would try to frame the V3 in the best possible light. Pure marketing. What I would really like to see is a totally honest and independent analysis of the E-Trac versus the V3. A real world test would be the ultimate, but hard to control and get consistent results. Given this, I would be just as happy with a honest bench test comparison.

Dave

I would assume this is in response to a significant drop in sales for minelab with the release of the V3. Kind of desperate and childish. They do seem to find allot of silver on the forums but the depth is usually a exaggerated estimate and would it have been found if using another machine probably. I have not read a single story of a coin being found deeper than I have found with my V3,xlt,classic id. Just my 2 cents.

AS I SAID BEFORE THE VISION MAKES THE ETRAC LOOK LIKE A BLACK AND WHITE TV!! Having compared the Vision to the Explorer Pro with a 15 inch SEF coil on depth against the STOCK coil on the V3................................I WILL STICK WITH THE VISION.

Minelab are running scared!!!!!!!!!!

I'd question the source of this as it doesn't sound like something a forward thinking company would put out. There is no doubt that Minelab has features and technologies that are truly outstanding. But to come out with a set of comparisons that run the gamut from true to "spun", petty and sniveling, is something worthy of suspicion. Doubt that this was released through "normal" channels but... ?

Is this really a minelab official statement and test,,,? Somehow i doubt it..

But if it is, it is pure marketing and Whites have hurt their feelings with a better machine.

I know my Explorer inside out both what it can do better then any machine and what it cant do better then a beginner machine from several brands. i personally dont think the E-trac is a " new machine" but just a explorer 4 maketed better then it would have been marketed as Explorer E-Trac....

Analyze begin....

Summary: E-TRAC is the Superior Detector For me, highly questionable. But I will know the fact soon

Detection Technology The E-TRAC

Toddy..

You may be the first one to make vids comparing these two in UK for low conducting finds....

I hope i see them soon....

Bjorn

I mean they would not mislead me ... would they?
So now I need to sell my V3 and get a new E-track so I can feel I own the best?

Wait ... in a year or so the E-Track II will have a color screen and an analyze mode ... you watch!
Might even have a metal box too.

You can name any brand and they have their supporters that will never change their opinion.

Advertising in these days is considered an investment and it might even be the truth on paper but still be a lie in real life.

Reading the so called Minelab official review once more ( and after getting a confirmation from a source i trust ) i think it is legally OK. But it will still be not true in my detecting scenario...and not in most of Yours either...

Marketing is not what You choose detectors from.

Most of us posting here use several detectors and know how to get the best out of each one and when to use a different detector. And we love IT..... we all do..And we learn when to use what detector...

But if You are new and only want one, and still cover all things and all depths and all trash environments.... as good as any .... your in for a surprise....

Nothing does that....

WOW. And I thought the spin on "28 frequencies" was bad. Some of this is just out right lies.