Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introduce Yourself....What Type Of Metal Detecting Do You Do With Purchasing A New ATX In Mind? :biggrin:

Hello All,
I do alot of 4x4 quading in California now I can take my new ATX with me since it's compact and durable.(Thanks Larry from Big Valley Metal detectors)
Just want to find some Goodies in the mountains or beaches.

Thanks,
---Richard

Sitting on the fence about buying an ATX deep seeking package. I own a Tejon for coins and a GMT for prospecting. I enjoy backpacking with Detector in pack and head for the mountains here in Southern California. I am about 20 minutes from Gold bearing areas from the 1850's so I figure that a deep seeking unit would be a lot better than picking up flakes with my GMT.

Hi Mr. Argyle
a question--on the ATX intro forum you stated that the atx had the garrett PI sound and that it is unpleasant. Could you describe the sound--I currently have a TDI Pro and the threshold chatter is maddening--I am trying to decide if I need an ATX. I also have a couple ML PI's,but hate the battery wires. Thanks for your time and info.

Hi my names, Tynell.
I come from the currently frigid wilds of Alberta, Canada.

Finally got mine, gonna try to find some new Canadian meteorites with it. Will give me something to do while i wait for river levels to go down for gold sluicing.
Also have been researching all of the old 1905~ era one room school sites in the area to see if i can get a little more coin shooting action in too.

Just trying to figure out which unit to get for starting out... Often end up buying multiple units of whatever I'm trying to learn and am thinking about skipping that method and going for the ultimate to start off with. Thoughts? as I am new to all of this. Just don't want to end up with a pile of units I won't use.

Ordered the Deep Seeker package from RICH at Colonial Metal Detectors, great guy to deal with, I own to many machines to list including this new ATX, have it's military cousin the RECON PRO also, well this ATX is a beast no doubt, we dug a black powder modern round out of a field at 18 inches down. Big Heavy bullet, 50 caliber. I just got it last week on April 3rd, 2014. I mostly relic hunt and do some prospecting as well up in the Colorado mountains. All I got to say is be ready to dig deep with this thing, with the big coil it picks up Pipelines at 8 ft down easily. 8ft people! Backhoe's not included for those deep holes.. My name is Lee Shafer and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma area, been using metal detectors for years, Pulse Induction machines I own are the WHITES TDI's, the TDI and the TDI SL, both great machines, even the Recon Pro is a killer pi machine once you learn to use it. Anyway I go when I am able to, never enough due to busted up spine but with enough pain killers you can do anything, pay dearly after but all things have a price, Do I recommend this machine? Heck YES BUT you best use it, to expensive not to use. First Sunday out netted me a small gold ring, 14k toe ring I think.. It's all GOOD.

Hi to all, I have just arranged to purchase a Garrett ATX Deep Seeker to use in Western Australia looking for gold nuggets and coins etc. I have not used a detector before so I'm sure I will be on a steep learning curve.
Cheers
Gaza

I don't have one yet but I will be following this forum anyway. The ATX caught my eye, and I have been looking at it. I just bought, and haven't even received the AT Gold "they are on order, but haven't come in yet."

I wonder how much better the ATX would be over the Infinium? Has anyone been able to compare?

Thanks

My name is Cupajo/aka Jim

Hi Everybody. Just new to the forum. Got my ATX about a month ago. Since this is my first one I have a lot to learn. I was practicing with on two occasions. Once on my farm land and once on my backyard. Dig out already a lot of junk but guess this is the way to start to learn how to recognize the targets . I hope primary use will be prospecting and time will show what other practical use I will put it into . Today I did some test to learn what is the response to different size of gold pieces from 0.03g to 3.4g. It was an air test. All pieces were in tiny plastic boxes lying on the ground. I did not have response on the smallest target. Second piece 0.12g got good signal from 2" above , 1.7g about the same, 0.22 about 3", 0.98g about 8" . 2.06g and 3.40g start getting signal from about 10" above. Since I have no experience in metal detecting I do not know how good or maybe not so good the result of those tests are.
Next will be the depth test on the same samples. They will be buried on similar depth as air test shown . For the smallest piece I will try 0.08g just barely under the surface. To bad I do not have musician ears, guess it could be much easier to learn to recognise those fine tunes. So far I have fun with this and did not find this machine overly heavy yet. Good luck to everybody. Wish You a lot of fun and great findings this season.
Marecki

Hi Marecki,

I've had my ATX since Jan 1 and really like it. Being from Saskatchewan myself, I'm curious about your primary purpose, prospecting. Are any nuggets found in the province?

Syd

Hi Syd. Poor chances for nuggets, but like they say gold is where you find it. I'm thinking about some vacations in BC maybe Yukon where detector may proof to be handy. Sure I will try around here but if I get something I will be very surprised.
Marecki

I just traded for a new ATX today and im anxious to get on the beach.... im from south Florida. I really like the depth this machine will get and the competition that states the beach is cleaned out.

I got mine a few days ago and plan on using it heavily in the water for both east and west coast Florida. I also have a minelab excalibur 1000.

Barry

Hello, I purchase my atx in April, I live in Iowa just gave up working for living last Oct. So now I'm out looking for treasure. This is my first detector, I do a lot of digging with this unit, having a issue with the cam's. My big find of the season so far is a 1905 nickel, Going to the coast to try the machine in salt water. What I like about this unit is that it finds things deep and small. Now, I need to be in the right place and I will find it.

I own 2 minelab PI's,TDI Pro and TDI SL and will buy an ATX when:
1.They address the cam issue
2.Fix that horrid ,Horse after EPA, coil attachment.
3.But as long as they are selling I don't expect to see either 1 or 2 addressed.