Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IRELAND MADE E-TRAC STABILITY- VS- MALAYSIA ?

Pookybear

I keep hearing about the E-Tracs from Ireland operating more stable than the ones built in Malaysia. Has anyone found this to be true?And if so how hard might it be for a person to get one that is new old stock?

Each machine is slightly different. Since it is the same design assembled from parts made by the same suppliers I don't believe there's that much difference. If you took 100 detectors made from each source and tested them rigorously I bet you'd find a similar range of performances. Some machines are just hotter then others in a production run. That's the nature of electronics manufacturing.

Malaysia is where the machines are assembled. The electronics for all Minelabs are made in Australia. If you ever go to Las Vegas tour the Minelab facility. It is the only thing in Vegas that is free. :rofl: HH :minelab:

I have one from Malaysia and it runs fine and sings on silver!!

hershey1 said:
Malaysia is where the machines are assembled. The electronics for all Minelabs are made in Australia. If you ever go to Las Vegas tour the Minelab facility. It is the only thing in Vegas that is free. :rofl: HH :minelab:

Didn't Minelab make a move from Vegas to Chicago? I may be wrong though. I use one made in Ireland and it performs great never used one from Malaysia though.

I have a CTX and have NO plans of selling the ETRAC!:thumbup:

I have an Ireland model, and my buddy used to have a Malaysian model. There wasn't a target that I could hear that he couldn't, and vice versa. We tested it many times...

Sometimes TID was a little different... but the tone was always there.