Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iron infested beach

ralphiejc

DeMarco did a utube on the 3030 to show how well it did picking out good targets amongst all the iron.Im wondering how the etrac or explorer (set up properly) would do on that same beach.Anyone try it?? Im trying to justify the price tag of the 3030...Ralph

I routineely hunt the beach with my Etrac and do pretty darn good. I can't justify the cost of the 3030.

I believe ( could be wrong ) that there are only two different sized coils available for the CTX - both produced by Minelab - both very expensive - and no after market coils being made yet.
There are tons of affordable coils from different mfg.s made for Safari's - Explorer's and E-Trac's.

If you want to hunt in heavy iron areas - this combination has been used by a lot of people - with great results !

E-Trac + 2TF ( in Two Tone Ferrous Mode) + Small Coil ( 6" to 7" max.).

Good Luck !

I hunt beaches all the time too with my Explorer but the beach he was on (somewhere in New Jersey) is littered with iron and I was hoping to find out results of someone who was `there` using an Etrac or Explorer...Im `THINKING` about the 3030 mainly because its waterproof (I almost lost my Explorer a few times to rogue waves crashing on the beach)..But being waterproof cant be the only plus for the price.Itll have to kick butt in all around performance over the etrac+Expl....