Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is in-line probe possible for CTX??

EddieB

Hello All, I know that most of you detectorists out there are somewhat electronic genuis, could Minelab use the usb port for a in-line probe and add the software. It could be turn off and on by even the existing push button pinpointer: say the first on and off cycle could be the main coil pinpoint and the second on and off the in-line probe and so forth. Or use the User button to setup for the probe.The probe connecting end could be a watertight end that would protect the control display housing.It could be removed for software updates and the probe re-installed. Just a thought because I really miss my x-1 probe. HH EddieB

EddieB said:
Hello All, I know that most of you detectorists out there are somewhat electronic genuis, could Minelab use the usb port for a in-line probe and add the software. It could be turn off and on by even the existing push button pinpointer: say the first on and off cycle could be the main coil pinpoint and the second on and off the in-line probe and so forth. Or use the User button to setup for the probe.The probe connecting end could be a watertight end that would protect the control display housing.It could be removed for software updates and the probe re-installed. Just a thought because I really miss my x-1 probe. HH EddieB
Honestly, I didn't think I was gonna like the ctx because of not having the sunray but I now have changed my mind. I miss it, dont get me wrong but I think the ctx is so awesome that I can do without the attatched probe. I almost forgot about it until I read this thread!

That is a great idea Eddie, I would buy one.

Anything is possible. Maybe Larry will get off his keyboard long enough to engineer one.

Good idea EddieB :thumbup:

I would like an inline probe as well.
Maybe it could use that very same usb port for a small discreet water tight receiver module that is also powered by the CTX's electronics or maybe a probe that can at least patch into and utilise the CTX's wireless head phone receiver.
I really thought that Minelab would have been able to incorporate a wireless inline probe to utilize either, when they created the Pro Find.
Maybe there is something just around the corner for us.

david di

EddieB said:

Maybe minelab will come out with Wireless pinpointer?

It is an idea that I've visited with Minelab about, quite a few times. From my perspective, other than the waterproof issue, is the implentation of the smart coil. Keep in mind, the detector communicates with the smart coil on a continual basis. A probe is nothing more than a small coil So everytime you switched back and forth between the coil and a probe, the detector would have to reestablish that communication link with whatever was currently connected. I ain't saying it can't be done or that it won't be done. Having watched the CTX 3030 being developed, I have a lot of respect for what the folks at Minelab are capable of doing. I'm just saying it is much more difficult with smart coil technology than it is with earlier coils. X-TERRA users (another smart coil technology) have been asking for one as well. HH Randy

Guys, remember that the pinpoinrer is a coil and some basic electronics. Ask yourself if the main coil is wireless? The only wireless capability is audio only. Dont get me wrong, I have been missing the X1! I think Sunray could make a pinpointer the same way, but the waterproof part is the issue. But hey! Could remove probe and go back to WP if needed. Myself, I would leave the probe on,as i have the Excal for water! HH

ohio mike said:
EddieB said:
Honestly, I didn't think I was gonna like the ctx because of not having the sunray but I now have changed my mind. I miss it, dont get me wrong but I think the ctx is so awesome that I can do without the attatched probe. I almost forgot about it until I read this thread!

Mike,

I was worried about this as well... I was a long time E-Trac Guy with the Sunray in-line probe... I got the CTX 3030 and the Garrett Pro PinPointer... and I've never looked back... It would be nice to be able to hear the tones... but I really don't miss it...

Just my 2 cents...
Paul

I would say it is more likely they will just make a wireless version of their current probe, and that on the ctx3030 they will have 2 different audio channels you can switch between the wireless probe and the ctx3030. This way you can keep your headphones on while pinpointing with the probe while it being silent as well to others in the parks and beaches.

Silver... Repost from above. Wireless directly to probe will never work... Unfortunately.
Guys, remember that the pinpoinrer is a coil and some basic electronics. Ask yourself if the main coil is wireless? The only wireless capability is audio only. Dont get me wrong, I have been missing the X1! I think Sunray could make a pinpointer the same way, but the waterproof part is the issue. But hey! Could remove probe and go back to WP if needed. Myself, I would leave the probe on,as i have the Excal for water! HH

Reply Quote Report