Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the EQUINOX A DEEP SEEKING MACHINE??

C

calabash digger

Heres a video where I show it on deep targets with different recovery settings.[video]https://youtu.be/CBVdRYy50ug[/video]

For park turf, yes very deep. Thinking of selling the Explorer SE, yesterday's park hunt erased any doubt of Equinox capabilities for deep coins.

Try to not watch video's eats too much data, I'll watch it I later off a tablet.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

Old California, don't you find that your Explorer SE is much more accurate in the VID and depth numbers? That's been my experience between my Equinox 600 and my Etrac.

Always Curious said:
Old California, don't you find that your Explorer SE is much more accurate in the VID and depth numbers? That's been my experience between my Equinox 600 and my Etrac.

Mine too. But that is the strength of the E-TRAC.

Dean

Love it. I had a CTX and an Explorer SE both that I got rid of due to being slow and feeling like I was a slave to VDI numbers. I currently have a Deus which felt like I had gained my freedom once I started using it...but it’s not waterproof and doesn’t handle saltwater. I’ve been contemplating an Excal for beach use because I didn’t want to spend CTX money for a machine that would only be used a few times a year. I’ve watched all your videos very closely and have now decided to try the EQ! Thanks for doing so many tests!

I enjoy your videos thank you for making them

Do you find the voice commands on your go pro useful?

Im thinking of getting one but not sure how much i would use that

Very good video, Calabash. I had VERY similar results in my test garden with the Equinox, in comparison to other machines, as what you show/describe. To say the Equinox is not a "deep machine" is -- as you said -- fallacy. And when you have that depth capability, AND the ability to run it blazing fast so as to hunt well in trash, AND the ability to hit smaller gold than many other machines are capable, all I can say is this machine definitely has a place in my "arsenal." With it and the CTX, I really feel that I have, essentially, ALL bases covered -- and covered well.

Steve

Calabash I really like your videos, your enthusiasm for detecting really shows :detecting:

I've been really enjoying the 50 tone mode, so I'm curious why you gravitated towards 5 tones?

Are you trying to make it more similar to a Dues, or ?

Thanks!
Cal

sgoss66 said:
I agree with you, Cal_Cobra. I've been enjoying 50 tones as well, and I also was curious why so many choose 5-tone mode...

Steve

I'm thinking that in 5-tone one can customize almost every setting such as the tone break, volume, pitch, etc, etc, where as in 50-tone there are fewer things that one can adjust. So for example is one wanted to set up a trashy park pattern, they would have to use the 5-tone mode, or as the OP did for his relic hunting pattern. That's the way I see it....could be wrong.

I hunt relics on old sites with low to no modern trash... I just need a detector to tell me ferrous or non ferrous... plus some of the old buttons I seek are very low conductive and ring way down the scale. So I just set iron low and next bin pitch at 15 , 20, 22, and 25 .. Numbers are nice and multi tones too. I'm afraid the 50 tones will throw the low conductive buttons way down the scale. Yes I tried to mimic how I hunt with the Deus.

calabash digger said:
.. I just need a detector to tell me ferrous or non ferrous....

Why don't you just hunt in 2-tone if all you want to hear is the difference between ferrous and non ferrous? Set ferrous at 1 and non ferrous at 25.

Your videos have sold me on the box for sure and are what we all want to see it doing.no bs,the side by side with other detectors are great also calabash now if my number would just get called with a box just for me if be a happy man.me and a buddy have been finding 69.cal three ringers and buttons with our lowly detectors hoping to snag plenty more with a better machine

I do like a little variation in tone... I dont want everything sounding like a silver coin...
pine3874 said:
.. I just need a detector to tell me ferrous or non ferrous....

Why don't you just hunt in 2-tone if all you want to hear is the difference between ferrous and non ferrous? Set ferrous at 1 and non ferrous at 25.

In your video i swear i was hearing a wable like the fbs machines make

calabash digger said:
I hunt relics on old sites with low to no modern trash... I just need a detector to tell me ferrous or non ferrous... plus some of the old buttons I seek are very low conductive and ring way down the scale. So I just set iron low and next bin pitch at 15 , 20, 22, and 25 .. Numbers are nice and multi tones too. I'm afraid the 50 tones will throw the low conductive buttons way down the scale. Yes I tried to mimic how I hunt with the Deus.

Thanks, was curious.

I'm primarily a relic hunter too, and trying to rely more on audio vs TID#.

The 50 tones convey a ton of info. Never used a Dues, but the EQ is doing well in our mineralized soil out here.