Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is the EXPLORER a slow swing tector or what

EARTHLINGX

i was talking to some people and they were saying that the SE PRO is a slow swing detector.... you cant swing it to fast otherwise you will miss a lot

is this true???

It depends on what you want to find.. the Explorer is famous for finding those deep targets that other people miss.. Every place i hunt is been hunted to death.. but i work the ground slow and still find a lot of great things that people have left.. You don't have to goo like a snail but a slower steady pace, and just listen to what the machine is telling you... you will be surprised on what you find that others cant... the best thing to do is lay different types of objects on the ground an walk over them at different paces,... You can go fast with the Explorer but i Highly Highly recommend going at a slower pace... You will find great stuff!!!!!!!!!

You can swing fast, but you will miss all deep targets that the Explorer is famous for. Bryce (IL) said it better than anyone. Sorry if I miss quote you Bryce, but he said something to the effect of, that he doesn't really swing the coil, but rather, he scans the ground. The Explorer needs the time to analyze the information it is gathering to give a reliable indication of what's down deep. This is good advice for all detectors, just more so for the Explorers. Because of the balance of the Explorer being somewhat nose heavy, your arm will tire quickly with the faster swing as well.

Not so much slow as DELIBERATE or with a Purpose. When hunting with the Explorer, you should be completely engulfed in what you are hearing and how the machine reacts to different targets. Learning the Explorer is an experience that is unmatched by any other machine.

NH Bob said:
Not so much slow as DELIBERATE or with a Purpose. When hunting with the Explorer, you should be completely engulfed in what you are hearing and how the machine reacts to different targets. Learning the Explorer is an experience that is unmatched by any other machine.

That's a very good way to put it!

When I am out with the explorer, the whole rest of the world is basically blocked out of my mind. I've noticed that if I'm thinking about other things besides detecting then I will walk over some signals that I otherwise wouldn't when I am fully engorged in what I am doing.

Explorers will give you a digital # to ferrous and non ferrous...it will give you cursor location on a 2D scale as far as ferrous and conductivity of a target...and it will also give you the amount of ground minerals and target divided between the 2 amounts and also give you tone diff. sounds to each as in 10 diff. tones....what other detector does that?.......NONE!.......I am so glad I went with the Explorer......what better detector is there...NONE!....But the faster swingers have there place but if you are serious and like to take your time get it........? It will find what your looking for....But in a compition hunt get a fast swinger!

thank you for the honest responses.... i appreciate it.....

It is slow as compared to say a Spectrum with a Bigfoot coil.

The Explorer is by far the best detector for deep objects and you do give up speed for precision.

I can cover a baseball field with my Spectrum and Bigfoot but I can go only down about 6 to 8 inches on a good day.

With the Explorer, I can find things my Spectrum would never find.

With the Explorer, I do have to take more time and swing slower especially in areas that are full of trash. But I can be sure that what I dig will be what I know is worth something.

That is why I use both. I cover the clads and junk with the Spectrum and kill the good stuff with the Explorer.

I figure that with the Explorer, I have to take my time but it is well worth it.