Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the update really better?

Was able to get a few more hours in using the 600 with the upgrade. Like I originally posted I am pretty much exclusive to beach hunting. I was able to put the coil in the water this time as the surf was calmer and tide was low. I was running up to 20 in Beach 1 and no chatter, even in the streaky black sand. But after 30 minutes I had covered quite a bit of ground but not got one signal, had me a little concerned so I would swing it by my sand scoop just to make sure it was working....LOL. I was fortunate enough to run over a strong 8, about 5-6" down got a nice .750 stamped men's ring. Hurray it was my first good find post update! I then moved up to the dry sand and got some clad, I tried to keep track of what I was now experiencing. To me it seems like dimes are a little weaker signal now, but high enough pitched to know it's a good target. Nickles seem to be stronger tone and 12/13, and quarters really bang in with a real high pitched tone. The challenging signal is the Corona bear cap, strong 14/15 which is exactly the same as my wedding band. So I am digging all those but I did notice if I slow my swing speed way down the signal tone will chop up a bit and jump around a little which a gold ring does not do. So I am feeling better about weeding those out.

As for depth I got a dime at about 10", and a small stud earring at a good foot, so depth wise all is good. What I am still having issues with is pinpoint. Although I don't use it much when I do about half the time I press the button and I get a low or no tone and the half circle of bars is missing. So I press again to return then try a different spot and press again and it works. But I always check for a clean spot before pressing PP, so I am a little mystified by that one.

Otherwise the update seems to be working fairly well.

On the subject of bottle caps, in all metal and dragging the coil back towards you when you get to the end of the target it will change sounds, this is a cap, no other good targets will do this. This works the majority of the time, some new caps will not change sounds but this will cover about 90% of the caps

Hotrod65 said:
What I am still having issues with is pinpoint. Although I don't use it much when I do about half the time I press the button and I get a low or no tone and the half circle of bars is missing. So I press again to return then try a different spot and press again and it works. But I always check for a clean spot before pressing PP, so I am a little mystified by that one.

You might try lifting the coil about 10" off the ground before you press PP...that way you're always sure you're not next to a signal/target.
:)
mike

Corona and bud light now use a little copper in the caps...... so they sound to good to not dig. I agree......that most bottle caps have that -1ish, 15, and 20ish digit jump and tones that go with it so they are easily IDed.... in the dry sand. Mine are different in the wet sand..... good clean 13 just like a nickel on some and they arent Corona and have been there for some time. Not a big deal, just surprising thats its only in the wet sand..... doesnt happen in the water either.... in fact more in the water seem to be a neg high much like you might get off any water machine. but hey...... im not looking for a reason not to dig.... im looking for targets out there period.

New software is bettter:

Equinox 800 old software vs new software:

https://youtu.be/5xnm8SANn28

staffydog33 said:
New software is bettter:

Equinox 800 old software vs new software:

https://youtu.be/5xnm8SANn28

In that particular situation, perhaps. Please take the two machines out in a real world detecting environment and give them a go then report back to us. This is what I was hoping somebody with two machines would do. I appreciate your video. I believe the real test would be in the dirt on undug targets in a soil, mineralized, depth, etc environment. Thanks!

Dean

Hotrod65 said:
As for depth I got a dime at about 10", and a small stud earring at a good foot, so depth wise all is good. What I am still having issues with is pinpoint. Although I don't use it much when I do about half the time I press the button and I get a low or no tone and the half circle of bars is missing. So I press again to return then try a different spot and press again and it works. But I always check for a clean spot before pressing PP, so I am a little mystified by that one.

I keep it really simple. When I get on a good tone and id, I keep the coil over it with little 3 to 5" Left right sweeps and hit pinpoint! Then do a 90 degree turn and do the same. It never fails!

Thanks to all who have provided PP tips, will have to give them all a try to see if I get better at using PP. Unable to find time to hunt lately due to major projects on the house which need to get done....ugh.

In the last 2 hunts post update I have pulled out 3 x $2 coins on edge.
Numbers were a little bit jumpy but still very recognizable as a $2 coin.