Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a need for a smalller coil if I use TTF with the stock DD coil

rickinsdakota

I like to use TTF with an open screen in heavy trash with the stock DD coil. Is there any need to have an extra coil that is smaller in heavy trash areas using TTF or the factory programs.. Does TTF miss any signals in heavy trash with an open screen.

There is always a "need" for a smaller coil if you hunt in really trashy areas. The more targets under your coil the less of a chance of hearing the good signal.

With my limited experience with the E-trac, I will say that a small coil will still be beneficial even though you are running TTF. I used TTF yesterday with the stock coil in a trashy park because I didn't want to walk back to my car to change coils. I will say that it worked fairly well but still had trouble locating the conductive target in between all the ferrous. I believe that with the smaller coil it will be much easier to lock on to those type targets. I really like TTF what limited experience I have had with it and have found some targets that I know I would not have found in conductive with my regular modified coin program. Think I am going back over some areas that are really trashy with the Sun Ray X-5 in TTF and see what happens.

I almost always use my 6x8 in fields when using TTF because the iron is so intense where houses were tore down.

LandOLincoln said:
There is always a "need" for a smaller coil if you hunt in really trashy areas. The more targets under your coil the less of a chance of hearing the good signal.

+1:thumbup:

I worked a very trashy park for months, and then it stopped producing good targets, until I bought a 6x8 SEF coil, and then I found 3 Barbers in one spot that I missed many many times before with the larger Pro Stock coil. Should you go with the smaller coil? AB-SO-LUTE-LY!

I use a 6" Excellerator coil and 2TF in heavy iron - much better separation than the stock sized coils - it's a killer combo in a junkie area !

rickinsdakota said:
I just ordered a X-5 from Bart. Thanks for the input everyone.

Good choice. The X-5 is a great coil.