Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a shielded coil for Minelab??

Ohio bud

On several occasions I have gotten into a yard where there was power lines that made unbearable noise on the E-Trac. I remember that there used to be a coil for the Whites, I think, that had a shield over the coil so that you could detect under power lines. Is this available or can you fashion one to do the job?

Also someone used to sell a booster for detectors. Wonder if they could be used to boost the output on the E-Trac?

Ohio Bud

The coil is already shielded, if it wasn't you couldn't use it in wet grass.

Powerline EMI affects all detectors.

Lower your sensitivity and noise cancel often. Doc's sells amps for some Minelabs not sure about the E-Trac. A small coil helps also. Then again some locations are just too noisy. Underground utilities and home burgular alarms are a pain in the a$$ also. I have dug solid signals 6 or 7 inchs with sens. at 10. HH :minelab:

I have hunted areas with over head power lines and transformers with my E-Trac that for years I could not hunt with any other machine. I would simply Ground Cancel and hunt. The machine would hunt quietly. The only thing I did notice is the Target I.D. was not as accurate.

I have found that in areas with buried power lines no amount of ground cancel would do any good. The machine would just go crazy until I got away from those power lines. Rick IL