Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this a metal detector?

D00gles

Hi, I'm new here and trying to figure out a device I have. It's been in the family and I've always been told it was a metal detector of some sort. I don't know how to use it, whatever it is. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
20221007_172932.jpg
20221007_172944.jpg
20221007_173017.jpg
20221007_172958.jpg

It looks be an old type of dousing rod.
Know anyone who can find water. These usually worked well in their hands.
It has a Caduceus coil on the shaft. A counter wound coil folding back on its self. I'm curious how the larger coil is wound. To get it to function how it was designed.
You'll need to carefully remove the worn out insulated wire and carefully rewrap new wire in exactly the same way. And the exact length. And exactly the same guage wire.
Someone experienced in wrapping coils would be best to do this. Maybe find someone who repairs antique radios if you want it restored.
The glass chamber has materials to enhance and focus it's ability to sense your target. I believe this one was meant for gold finding. Little bits of gold foil and Crystal's appears to be inside. Don't break it. No real values inside. More value as it is.
Could also have value as a collector's item. Reminds me of a long range gold finding rod.
I would be interested in what's in the metal tube with the handle on it. Some were battery operated and most had crystal oscillators. No power source. You are the source of energy in that version.
Here's a short explanation of a caduceus coil.

A video of a modern one in use. He has more videos.
You may ask him what you have. Don't part with it until you find it's real value. Be patient.
Do more research.
Some of these old ones were really special.
Most today I feel are a gimmick.
Honestly I'm not sure. Just what I've read thru the year's. Good Luck ...

Here's a few modern version long range detectors.
Some say they worked best with those operating it having some psychic ability to sense gold thru the machine. Or to make it function properly.

Thanks will.. I've only searched 78% of the internet. Haven't yet run across anything really resembling this. Maybe a Marvin the Martian space Modulator or Buck Roger's tool. 🚀
Can you open the big tube the handle is attached to? Definitely circuitry inside.
I wonder if it beeps or vibrated ?