Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is this Robert E Lee?

osgood1

maybe im crazy, found at a very old site. It is in very bad shape. Thought maybe a religious metal, but then thinking what, Robert E Lee? I swear on the back i see a large eagle of sorts not an angel. Anybody recognize this piece. Ill admit i have quite an imagination. Can any body read the letters under the portrait, Thanks, curt o

Attachments

• DSCN4275 R Lee shrink2.png
    DSCN4275 R Lee shrink2.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN4276 eagle shrink2.png
    DSCN4276 eagle shrink2.png
    422 KB · Views: 192
The figure does resemble General Lee. I wonder if this could have been a medal worn on a Confetrit' veterans jacket that would have been attached to a ribbon. That is a cool find. The little ring at the top of the piece is broken and I'm wondering if this is where it would have been attached to a ribbon. Osgood1, try googling this: Confederate veterans metals depicting General Robert E. Lee. I found a couple of things that are close in resemblance as to what you have. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Last edited:
Some of y'all Google Confederate Veterans medal depicting General Robert E. Lee and see what you think. There are a few that are pretty close. Whether it's Gen.Lee, Gen. Stone wall Jackson , or perhaps Gen. James Longstreet, this may be a medal worn by some veteran minus the ribbon that would have been attached. Pretty close.

There were a lot of white guys with beards on stuff in the 19th Century. Could be a politician, inventor, businessman, who knows?