Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's refreshing to see more well rounded reviews.

on the screw coming loose he tightened it & possably broke the factory lock tight
as far as the alum bottle caps they come in the same as zink penneys on every machine ive ever used in over 50 years & ive owened a bunch
on the crosstalk issue where he couldend hit the target i dont usely hunt right next to another multu frequency detector cell phones also mess things up
looks like quite a bit of nit picking to me
ive owened a few xp products & they have all been quality & soon ill have a deus 2 :cool:

This is only my experience, I use the Deus 1, and I have owned a nox 800. I loved both detectors. The only thing I did not like about the nox was the weight. I am in my late 60's and swinging a 4 pound detector wears a person out. The Deus weighs 1.6 pounds. It was hard to get used to the VDI numbers on the nox. I am used to the normal VDI numbers that most detectors use like 80's and above for coins instead of 18 to 34. In summary, both are great detectors.

yes they are

Poor build quality ?! .... a single screw falls out of 1 machine out of how many built and sold.
I never wrote, "Poor build quality." I simply wrote, "...build quality issue." No, I don't think losing a screw is a big deal. The examples I used were merely for comparison and contrast. They show this new metal detector is not the "game changer" it was repeatedly touted to be. Other detectors are certainly not second rate nor suddenly inferior. Happy Hunting

I am sure that the other main detector companies are working hard to come out with a better detector to compete with XP. Just don't know when.

I never wrote, "Poor build quality." I simply wrote, "...build quality issue." No, I don't think losing a screw is a big deal. The examples I used were merely for comparison and contrast. They show this new metal detector is not the "game changer" it was repeatedly touted to be. Other detectors are certainly not second rate nor suddenly inferior. Happy Hunting
How do you know it's not a game changer? Because of a screw? That's a weak argument . XP has made some very durable detectors with very few issues. Waterproof to 66 ft , simultaneous multi-frequency, super light weight, best in iron ... I think it will be a game changer. Some of the new reviewers admitted to having zero experience with an XP Deus so all they are showing is how to learn a detector while filming it. Nothing more. Paystreaksuperfreak is very hard on his equipment and plenty of knowledge so if it survives him it can survive most anyone. If you don't like Cal it's fine, but he isn't the monster people try to make him out to be. Have a wonder night ;)

How do you know it's not a game changer? Because of a screw? That's a weak argument . XP has made some very durable detectors with very few issues. Waterproof to 66 ft , simultaneous multi-frequency, super light weight, best in iron ... I think it will be a game changer. Some of the new reviewers admitted to having zero experience with an XP Deus so all they are showing is how to learn a detector while filming it. Nothing more. Paystreaksuperfreak is very hard on his equipment and plenty of knowledge so if it survives him it can survive most anyone. If you don't like Cal it's fine, but he isn't the monster people try to make him out to be. Have a wonder night ;)
Thanks. Happy Hunting

Ok, "build quality issue". That's still quite a stretch.

It's a game changer in versatile I would say as far as finding a million targets in your hunted out site probably not but I haven't got mine so it's all just speculation

I am anxious to receive my Deus II and have seen videos by some here in the US and some in the UK and have original Deus plus Orx experience so I have no reason to think anything other than I will be very satisfied with the new Deus- and I’m not in the least worried about build quality. A loose screw wouldn’t upset me- I know how to tighten them.

I'm all for hearing lots of opinions about the Deus 2 from those who have used it. Now that it's shipping, there will be more samples of thoughts and hopefully a consensus will begin to form on build and operation of the D2.

Calabash was what i consider 1 data point on the Deus 2. Some of his hunting is similar to mine. Those that are posting their outings on YouTube give me opportunity to see how they set up (if shown) and how the Deus 2 responds, (again, if shown). Those videos that just show digging without input on the audio and visual responses don't give me much INFO to correlate to my own hunting.

I'm out a ways on my dealers lengthy list of interested buyers, so there is time for others to praise and critique. As i watch the thermometer outside, the days are getting longer and winter will be releasing her grasp here in the next several weeks. Not a rush at the moment, as there's nowhere to go.

Rich -

3-Here is the part that might rub people the wrong way, but believe me, I'm ONLY CURIOUS... why, for three or four years, did people spend more than twice as much money for the single frequency D1 and forgo the multi-frequency Nox yet now tout the new Deus' multi-freq as a major benefit? Are people saying the D1 AND D2 are both better than the Nox...$900 better?
PS ....again, why was CD's quitting thread ended??

I found that my 800 and Deus 1 complemented each other really well. I plan on keeping my 800 and replacing my D1 with the D2. With the D2 being waterproof, i can now take it shallow water hunting without worry and continue to use it in places i preferred my D1 over the 800. Will the D2 fill the shoes currently worn by my 800? Don't know yet. At the moment, I plan on running both.

Rich -

I also agree the Nox 800 and Deus1 complement each other. Regardless of the machine they all have a fault. I do believe that people who receive a "FREE Product", does not matter if it is a detector or flashlight, it is the best product ever made.
How many of you have bought something because of the reviews on Amazon only to send it back? When I give a bad review on Amazon, the company (If Chinese) many times offer to send me a free on if I change the review. Yea good luck with that, its against my values to take something knowing I will be hurting others. Buying something and giving your honest opinion, is your opinion, not a bought opinion. This is not only going on with the D2 but also the Legend.

Interesting, the fella that lost a screw says in the comments of his latest video that the Deus II absolutely smokes the Nox. I have an 800 and I hope it does. I loved the Deus 1. I also hope the Legend smokes them all when it comes out. Then maybe we'll see an Equinox 1000 and so on. Who doesn't want to see better equipment?

Interesting, the fella that lost a screw says in the comments of his latest video that the Deus II absolutely smokes the Nox. I have an 800 and I hope it does. I loved the Deus 1. I also hope the Legend smokes them all when it comes out. Then maybe we'll see an Equinox 1000 and so on. Who doesn't want to see better equipment?
Personally I would not believe much from anyone that would kick their detector like he did…. I was shocked when he did that.

Personally I would not believe much from anyone that would kick their detector like he did…. I was shocked when he did that.
I agree. All credibility down the drain. The video is proof of zero respect for the equipment and to the manufacturer.

I agree. All credibility down the drain. The video is proof of zero respect for the equipment and to the manufacturer.
Agree. I detect with serious enthusiasm but I treat my equipment very delicately as opposed to digging tools I don’t Ming being hard on. Also absolutely cannot go home with filthy detector- I brush or cloth it clean before backpacking it and wash off when I get home. And, the Deus II will be my only detector so it’s getting extra care.