Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Its so HOT, the Crops are planted, and we've got COVID 19, please POST a few ====

Cajuncoinhunter

==== pics of your best relic finds on this thread ! Gotta get everyone pumped up ! Thanks and God Bless.

CCH

Last edited:
My best buttons and best bullet ...

Attachments

• IMG_1123.JPG
    IMG_1123.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    936.2 KB · Views: 153
  • fullsizeoutput_d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Sweet buttons, really like the CSA and Pelican......Geaux tigers
Hoping others will take a few mins and post some old pics of some good relic finds ....

I don’t have a significant quantity of civil war era relics, but here are a few of my favorite relic finds that I have found over the last few years. I live about 35 miles NE of KC, Mo. and 90% of theseitems have been found within a 25 mile radius of my home. The large majority of these items have been found in my favorite place to hunt - farm fields. Of the bullets pictured, two were not found in a farm field. They are the two that have labels; both of them are from the Battle of Westport in Kansas City. The Williams cleaner and a three ring Minnie have ramrod, rifling grooves, and impact damage that indicate that both have been fired. However, my favorite of these bullets is the unfired teardrop bullet.

As far as the coins go, these are my favorites. All but the two 2-cent pieces are from field locations. The large cents are all pretty much toasted. You can read 1827 on one of them. The two ½ Reales are the oldest coins that I have found. The 1773 was found at the same location as several buttons that I have pictured. (The trouser buttons, the small Dragoon cuff button, and the crushed GS button.)

Here are a few of my button finds. Some General Service buttons, decorative buttons (the middle two, on the second row, are small pewter buttons), etc. The favorites are the Dragoon cuff button and the two political campaign buttons. The button marked E Pluribus Unum is a Congressional Campaign of 1834 button and is PC 106A in Alberts button book. The other marked Jacksons Victory is a political campaign button from Andrew Jackson’s 1828 presidential campaign and is PC 78 in Albert’s book.

In the picture of misc. items, my favorite is probably the US bridle bit boss. When I found it the two attachment holes had small rust pieces in them, so I suppose the bit is there someplace. The boot pistol, two spurs, and the two colt brass trigger guards are at the top of my favorite relics as well. Those two trigger guards were found within probably 150 feet of each other. I would really like to find the rest of those two pistols!

When hunting these sights you just never know what will be found. I am patiently waiting for the fall harvest, now that the crops are all in and growing. HH Steve

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    830.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 142
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 150
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    724.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    672.8 KB · Views: 150
C&R Hunter -
What an awesome display of finds.!!!!! I love it. This is what I was hoping someone would post when I asked. Nice spur pieces, bullets, buttons, coins misc pieces, and love those old boot / pistol frames.... I would bet that some of your finds possibly came off of a CW solider or CW uniform?? Love the holed seated 1/2. VERY nice. The U.S. bit boss is a super nice find also, I have one I found in VA several years ago. Thank you again so much for posting..... Its got me pumped up !

CCH

Nice lead haul. Also love that schenkle fuse and looks like part of a schenkle shell too?? Very nice. Thank you for posting.

We are ALL waiting to hear from the Calabash Digger regarding this topic. LOL.

Top row ---- .58 cal Gardner exploding bullets ? WOW !!!!

Yes Gardiner explosive bullets. Under them are .58" sharps bullets & beside them are New Austrian bullets. All are rare. I found them at Gettysburg campaign spots.

I thought I would add this. Just a little eye candy.

Attachments

• 100_3072.JPG
    100_3072.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_3267.JPG
    100_3267.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_2926.JPG
    100_2926.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 113