Find's Treasure Forums

NOTICE:
This new forum is now ACTIVE. You should be able to log in using the same username and password however if your username contain a comma then you need to log in on the new forum without the comma in your username
Example:
SteveB Main, Mo
remove the comma like this
SteveB Main Mo

If you have any questions or need assistance with this, click here to go to Find's Support Desk form

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO LOG IN, CLICK HERE TO RESET AND HAVE NEW PASSWORD EMAIL TO YOU

Its sucks getting old....................................................

mtdoramike

I recently purchased a Fisher F19 to finally get out after several months recovering from open heart surgery. I thought, I will need a much lighter detector to swing for a while than my old machine the Fisher C$, which is my favorite detector. Well, got the F19, put it together, reviewed the manual, did some open air testing with a few coins as well as trash and was satisfied with the results. So I set off on the hunt at a local park all the while my wife was nagging me that it was too soon to be doing that.

I got to the park, started swinging, hit a few good targets and after digging 4 targets and dragging myself up off my hands and knees, I realized with the pain in my chest from the surgery that my wife was right. Now to add heart ache to misery, I'm about worthless when it comes to getting up and down from my knees, so detecting is out and now my wife got the pleasure of saying I told you so. I don't know which part blows the worst, the worthless feeling or the I told you so smug attitude.

jim tn

Don't give up. Just take it slow and do some type of leg muscle building and if the Dr say's o k, some daily cardo. Don't give up....I repeat, don't give up. Good luck! HH jim tn

RLOH

Mike, don't give up just yet. Look on Graigslist for an exercise bike and with your doctor's OK, start using it. Start slow and be faithful. An old fart can build up their leg and cardio strength. I bought a bike for 40 bucks and my friend bought a more expensive one for 100 bucks. My friend was almost crippled. Leg braces and atrophied muscles, but now able to squat and get up. Good luck.

jim tn

Another good avenue for exercise is your local gym. For a few bucks a month you would have access to various cardo and muscle building machines along with weights. I joined one when I turned 60 almost 20 years ago now and that has kept me in the detecting game 5-7 days a week to this point in time. M-F my wife and I go to a gym for an hour each morning. HH jim tn

Sataro

Hang in there. Heart attack at 42. Fast forward 20 years. Got too fat to bend over. Digging while on my knees & yes too hard to get back up. Joined weight watchers back in June. Lost 52 lbs since then. Now I’m back digging just by bending over. At one point in time I thought it was time to give it up. Take it slow & build your heart muscles back up & you will be back at it.

lammi

I agree I crushed my left leg at 20 now 59 and been dealing with pain for years
Worse thing is to stop moving
Must exercise and move and will get better
Just take it slow

laplander

Staff member
Mike have you done your PT. These guys are right and the best part is you have all winter to get built up, best of luck!!
HH Jeff

TinCanBeach

Don’t over do it Mike. Start slow and easy. In time you will be able to perform better. Good luck!

earthlypotluck

Its been about 4 month since you made this post Mr. Mike. How are you doing now?

Hank68

I recently purchased a Fisher F19 to finally get out after several months recovering from open heart surgery. I thought, I will need a much lighter detector to swing for a while than my old machine the Fisher C$, which is my favorite detector. Well, got the F19, put it together, reviewed the manual, did some open air testing with a few coins as well as trash and was satisfied with the results. So I set off on the hunt at a local park all the while my wife was nagging me that it was too soon to be doing that.

I got to the park, started swinging, hit a few good targets and after digging 4 targets and dragging myself up off my hands and knees, I realized with the pain in my chest from the surgery that my wife was right. Now to add heart ache to misery, I'm about worthless when it comes to getting up and down from my knees, so detecting is out and now my wife got the pleasure of saying I told you so. I don't know which part blows the worst, the worthless feeling or the I told you so smug attitude.
Hang in there. I understand completely.my self have neuropathy and have zero feeling in my feet, we older guys just got to take it slower , wish ya the very best. HHHank

C.J.M.

Yep, been there @ 79 have had 3 spinal fusions,one neck fusion with Titanium in back and neck,plus a complete right shoulder replacement,and a gastric by-pass. :( Getting old sure hurts,cjm

More like "It sucks having bad Health"

Kraemer

Old age is the bi product of life. You do what you can while you can. Attitude is everything. Humor helps as well. Hoping to leave loving and lasting memories for my family and then rest forever.