Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Its sucks getting old....................................................

I wish you the best! Never...And I mean never give up the fight! I am 64 and have had 3 neurosurgeries and a radiation treatment since 2013. After they found an aneurysm in the basilar artery in my brain in 2016, I was given three weeks to live. I am here yet today because somebody upstairs is looking out for me. I don't let things upset me and lead close to a normal life. You have to keep the faith!😍

I am 79 and getting real close to 80. I had rheumatic fever as a teenager two summers in a row. Md looked at me and my Mom and proclaimed that in his professional opinion i would not live to be more than 35. He expected that i would have severe damage to my heart valves. Apparently he failed to consult with the proper authority.

Thought I would chime in here with another “old timers” milestone. Im 66 and got talked into getting a Shingles shot. Arm feels like it took a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris and the rest of me was down and out for a day but today about 90% better, arm still sore but its not bad. All the modern miracles in medicine and this still happens....? Plus ya still have a round two in 60 days, whoopie!!!!! I guess it is better than actually getting Shingles tho.

Thought I would chime in here with another “old timers” milestone. Im 66 and got talked into getting a Shingles shot. Arm feels like it took a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris and the rest of me was down and out for a day but today about 90% better, arm still sore but its not bad. All the modern miracles in medicine and this still happens....? Plus ya still have a round two in 60 days, whoopie!!!!! I guess it is better than actually getting Shingles tho.
Another med worse than the cure --I pray never to get the Shingles &, hopefully, I won't because I won't take the shot! If I do get sick with them I will endure & overcome by having God's Holy Spirit dwelling in me but I won't by leaning on Jesus & trusting in Him always! Faith moves mountains & satan's sicknesses & diseases from harming His Children, Who truly love & obey Him! Prayers, Ronstar, for comfort & healing when receiving the next shot! Amen! Ma

I have had shingles. Some where out under the ocean on one of Uncle Sam Missile Submarines. Thankfully the Corpsman knew what to do for me. I would not wish them on my enemy let alone a Friend. You better believe that i have gotten the shots. they are nothing compared to the shingles.

Got mine a week ago. A kick and burned like h#$%. GeorgeinSC is on the chili You don't want'em been around some that did.
Very miserable and painful!!

I recently purchased a Fisher F19 to finally get out after several months recovering from open heart surgery. I thought, I will need a much lighter detector to swing for a while than my old machine the Fisher C$, which is my favorite detector. Well, got the F19, put it together, reviewed the manual, did some open air testing with a few coins as well as trash and was satisfied with the results. So I set off on the hunt at a local park all the while my wife was nagging me that it was too soon to be doing that.

I got to the park, started swinging, hit a few good targets and after digging 4 targets and dragging myself up off my hands and knees, I realized with the pain in my chest from the surgery that my wife was right. Now to add heart ache to misery, I'm about worthless when it comes to getting up and down from my knees, so detecting is out and now my wife got the pleasure of saying I told you so. I don't know which part blows the worst, the worthless feeling or the I told you so smug attitude.
Better old, then dead. I am 80 with knees full of Arthritics and pains.

Guys, I'm 85 and still detect, mostly fields, old farm house sights but I try and stay out of the woods. Most of my detecting is solo. I have to use my shovel for balance but I do bust my butt once in a while. I use my shovel to pull myself up. After that, I'm "spent" so I pack it up for the day. I am getting better about taking my cell phone with me. I drive my daughter nuts but I refuse to give up. Maybe one day! I refuse to stay inside and watch TV all day. I thank God when I get up and when I go to bed, and a lot of times in between. Sometime I will pull my folding chair out of my truck and just sit and watch the wildlife such as feral hog, coyote, fox, etc. Lots of birds. A hog or coyote is a rare treat. Yes, my rifle is usually in the truck and not where I need it. Life is good......... for a while longer.

Guys, I'm 85 and still detect, mostly fields, old farm house sights but I try and stay out of the woods. Most of my detecting is solo. I have to use my shovel for balance but I do bust my butt once in a while. I use my shovel to pull myself up. After that, I'm "spent" so I pack it up for the day. I am getting better about taking my cell phone with me. I drive my daughter nuts but I refuse to give up. Maybe one day! I refuse to stay inside and watch TV all day. I thank God when I get up and when I go to bed, and a lot of times in between. Sometime I will pull my folding chair out of my truck and just sit and watch the wildlife such as feral hog, coyote, fox, etc. Lots of birds. A hog or coyote is a rare treat. Yes, my rifle is usually in the truck and not where I need it. Life is good......... for a while longer.
God Bless ya Mr Willy ,,, keep on keeping on ,,, nothing wrong with sitting amongst nature ,,

Get wel soon Mike, have you tried using the 5 inch coil on the coinstrike of you able to find them they are hard a heck to make a big difference weight and machine works wel with it. I’m a welder by trade older guy told me years ago only threw things he can’t weld crack of dawn broken heart or crack in your backside love that

I recently purchased a Fisher F19 to finally get out after several months recovering from open heart surgery. I thought, I will need a much lighter detector to swing for a while than my old machine the Fisher C$, which is my favorite detector. Well, got the F19, put it together, reviewed the manual, did some open air testing with a few coins as well as trash and was satisfied with the results. So I set off on the hunt at a local park all the while my wife was nagging me that it was too soon to be doing that.

I got to the park, started swinging, hit a few good targets and after digging 4 targets and dragging myself up off my hands and knees, I realized with the pain in my chest from the surgery that my wife was right. Now to add heart ache to misery, I'm about worthless when it comes to getting up and down from my knees, so detecting is out and now my wife got the pleasure of saying I told you so. I don't know which part blows the worst, the worthless feeling or the I told you so smug attitude.

I know your pain , 32 years of ac work have taking alot from my mobility back knees back lol , it's like a check list what I got to do to get moving lol

I have heard that if you are over 70 years old and when you wake up nothing hurts, you probably passed away during the night. I haven't had that happen yet so I can't vouch that it is true. Really, though, just keep thanking God for the good in your life and it will help you feel better.

I am 71 and got my shingles shots last winter. Like you, they both knocked me off my feet for a couple days. I also took the Covid shots and one booster and still got Covid back in January. Still suffering long term effects, shortness of breath and fatigue. I also had a bad cough but got over it in about three months. I keep on keeping on because I feel God has something for me to do yet.

You go, WildWilly. You have the right attitude sir. Being active or as active as we can is what keeps folks going. We are attending a funeral service tomorrow for a dear lady who was a friend of our family. She lived to be 100 years old God Bless her. She still had a quality life up until the end.