Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jackpot

buckeeeee

Today I went to my usual beach, it was high tide and not many finds. At one end of the beach (my last stretch before I leave) for the last month I found 5 to 6 foreign coins. So today I decided to grid that 50 foot square area and I found 25 coins in that area. My son-in-law thinks it might have been a metal detecting club doing a seeded hunt, maybe, but all of them must have forgot to turn their machines on. How do you miss so many finds?
Screenshot_20201126-110435_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201126-114651_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201126-105900_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201126-105047_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201126-114709_Gallery.jpg

One mans trash is another mans gold. Curious, the 50 foot grid you did, is it a low spot in the beach/sand? If so think of it like a funnel, the water keeps swirling them to the low spot......

Today I went to my usual beach, it was high tide and not many finds. At one end of the beach (my last stretch before I leave) for the last month I found 5 to 6 foreign coins. So today I decided to grid that 50 foot square area and I found 25 coins in that area. My son-in-law thinks it might have been a metal detecting club doing a seeded hunt, maybe, but all of them must have forgot to turn their machines on. How do you miss so many finds? View attachment 9515View attachment 9517View attachment 9514View attachment 9513View attachment 9523
That is sooo coooool. I bet you were somewhat surprised at the end of the hunt.

Buckeeee you're son-in-law could be right I've seen the big seeded hunts where one category was foreign coins but
I really don't know. Good finds no matter. I'd just get down there and fill my pockets!!

HH okie

I went back this morning and only found 2 more foreign coins, a penny from Australia (as big as a silver dollar) and then what looks like 2 coins attached together with a date of 1855, and a bonus find, 10k ring and a silver pendant.
Screenshot_20201129-204733_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-204653_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-204618_Gallery (1).jpg
20201129_205312.jpg

I went back this morning and only found 2 more foreign coins, a penny from Australia (as big as a silver dollar) and then what looks like 2 coins attached together with a date of 1855, and a bonus find, 10k ring and a silver pendant.View attachment 9655View attachment 9656View attachment 9657View attachment 9658
The ring tells me that the coins were stolen & probably jewelry & etc, too! Therefore the foreign coins would have been evidence that they were the ones who broke in & didn't want to get caught; so not able to spend foreign coins easily they just threw them away & scattered them! Young kids & /or Teenagers probably! Ma

The ring tells me that the coins were stolen & probably jewelry & etc, too! Therefore the foreign coins would have been evidence that they were the ones who broke in & didn't want to get caught; so not able to spend foreign coins easily they just threw them away & scattered them! Young kids & /or Teenagers probably! Ma
Maybe, the jewelry was found in a different area of the beach.