Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jamie, Are You Out There, Questions For Minelab

MI-AuAg

First, thank you for your past responses/information on other Minelab products/issues on the CTX Forum.

Just a couple simple questions relating to the bold statements in Minelab's promos of the Equinox.

First Minelab promo claim/statement: "NEWS FLASH MINELAB OBSOLETES ALL SINGLE FREQ VLF DETECTORS"
Question: Is this claim/statement based simply on the fact that the Equinox utilizes multiple switchable single frequencies? Is there more to the abilities of the single frequencies within the Equinox that ups the level of it's performance beyond that of current single frequency detectors, which would therefore, render other current single freq VLF's technologically obsolete?

Second Minelab promo claim/statement: "NEW TECHNOLOGY IS ABOUT TO LAND"
Question: Without divulging any proprietary technical information, please explain what this new technology will, or is expected to provide, or do, that the technology within all current VLF (or multi-freq) detectors cannot? What generally, is the breakthrough aspect of this new technology, if any?

THANK YOU!

No responses, or controversial statements by members PLEASE! This is a simple request for information from Minelab.

Hi Ml-AuAg,

Unfortunately I do not have the information available at this time. Minelab will be releasing much more information about the Multi-IQ technology before the Equinox is ready for sale. Randy and Jeff, as forum moderators, will be informed when this is available.

I also recommend keeping an eye on our website for future updates.

Thank you for your interest in the Equinox!

Jamie------When will the Equinox be coming out for sale?-----Can you at least give us an approximate date/time line?
MLA Jamie said:
Hi Ml-AuAg,

Unfortunately I do not have the information available at this time. Minelab will be releasing much more information about the Multi-IQ technology before the Equinox is ready for sale. Randy and Jeff, as forum moderators, will be informed when this is available.

Hi D&P-OR,

The officially release date has not yet been announced. It will be available this winter. Again, all updates will be posted to our website!

Thank you!

MLA Jamie said:
Hi Ml-AuAg,

Thank you for responding Jamie.

Thank you Jamie.
MLA Jamie said:
Hi D&P-OR,

The officially release date has not yet been announced. It will be available this winter. Again, all updates will be posted to our website!

Thank you!

MLA Jamie said:
Hi D&P-OR,

Thank you!

Northern hemisphere winter or Southern Hemisphere winter? :poke:

Tyber0z said:
MLA Jamie said:
Hi D&P-OR,

Thank you!

Watch it Tyberoz. You're hurting my feelings! There are some of us who believe in the southern hemisphere lizard yeti monster (sob .... wimper....). So because of you, I'm going to quit all md'ing, and quit all participation in any forum discussions. I am very offended. Anyone wanna by an Exp. II cheap ? :stretcher:

Why SHORE TOM---I'll buy it cheap---long as you throw in the B2U & the locations of the last three gold coins you found!------See, I ain't cheap!---I ain't even askin for the locations of the rest of those gold coins!!!!:lmfao:
Tom_in_CA said:
Tyber0z said:
MLA Jamie said:
Hi D&P-OR,

Thank you!

Watch it Tyberoz. You're hurting my feelings! There are some of us who believe in the southern hemisphere lizard yeti monster (sob .... wimper....). So because of you, I'm going to quit all md'ing, and quit all participation in any forum discussions. I am very offended. Anyone wanna by an Exp. II cheap ? :stretcher:

Del I could sell you the GPS locations to the last three gold coins Tom found, but I aint cheap like Tom, it'll cost :poke:

D&P-OR said:
Why SHORE TOM---I'll buy it cheap---long as you throw in the B2U & the locations of the last three gold coins you found!------See, I ain't cheap!---I ain't even askin for the locations of the rest of those gold coins!!!!:lmfao:
Tom_in_CA said:
Tyber0z said:
MLA Jamie said:
Hi D&P-OR,

Thank you!

Cal_Cobra said:
Del I could sell you the GPS locations to the last three gold coins Tom found, but I aint cheap like Tom, it'll cost :poke: .....

As they say Cal Cobra: "accidents do happen". It would be a shame if your house caught on fire, eh ? :shrug:

I could be wrong but I'm betting it will be available by Christmas, no company wants to miss the the largest buying season of the year with a new product with this much interest.

Jamie I see you have listened to the public on the Koss head phones for land use. I hope you did the same with the water phones. As they were the worst ever. Also I would like to give some input on head phones. I have that ever famous ringing in the ears. And was wondering is there anything that can be done about it. As many seniors also have this. The ringing makes it tough to tell the different pitch's apart from each other. Have a CTX and love it. Just hope that the Equinox holds up to that

budaf250 said:
Jamie I see you have listened to the public on the Koss head phones for land use. I hope you did the same with the water phones. As they were the worst ever. Also I would like to give some input on head phones. I have that ever famous ringing in the ears. And was wondering is there anything that can be done about it. As many seniors also have this. The ringing makes it tough to tell the different pitch's apart from each other. Have a CTX and love it. Just hope that the Equinox holds up to that

LOL, I guess you havent looked at the Equinox accessories page have you? :crylol:

www.minelab.com/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series

treasure_hunter said:
I could be wrong but I'm betting it will be available by Christmas, no company wants to miss the the largest buying season of the year with a new product with this much interest.

Looks like you miscalled this one LOL!

Looking at this: www.minelab.com/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series
Geesh! Yellow cans again? For real, without specs and examining them they appear to be the Koss junkers used on the Excals.

I bet we will see our old friend Grey Ghost Amphibian headphones with an Equinox connector. I think the longer it takes the Equinox to come to maker the better off we will be. Aftermarket companies will have a chance to ready some sought after upgrades and hopefully Minelab won't have issues with this new product.