Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jealous

gonzo1968

When I first got my 800, I was stoked. Was spending time back east, so Ihad it shipped to NJ. Found over 200 coins, beach, park and school areas, all in a week. Used the stock settings. I get back to AZ and I cannot find much. What am I doing wrong?

Hunting in the wrong area--move back east.:biggrin: (sorry, I couldn't resist)-----Seriously---Have you checked your settings that they are the same--or done a factory reset?---Checked the coil (and detector) for proper operation *preferably in a test bed) since the move?---I'm finding plenty of coins with my E800 in Or, CA & AZ.-----The first step would be to make sure the detector is operating properly & take it from there.
gonzo1968 said:
When I first got my 800, I was stoked. Was spending time back east, so Ihad it shipped to NJ. Found over 200 coins, beach, park and school areas, all in a week. Used the stock settings. I get back to AZ and I cannot find much. What am I doing wrong?

One word...competition ! with to few targets.

I appreciate the quick responses. I clean the coil after each hunt. I have found stuff in AZ, it’s just very sparse. I guess it’s back to the old maps and newspapers.

gonzo1968 said:

You are not in NJ any more, Gonzo. So don't look for Jersey booty. Look for Arizona booty, which is gold nuggets. Your not going to find 200 of them in a week, but even if you find a few nice nugs you will be happy. Get the big 15 inch coil and hit the deserts. Forget about finding pocket change. You are in the land of gold now! Go for the gusto! And this is the best time to hunt the deserts, too!

I would love to get a bigger coil and dig for nuggets. It’s easier for me to hunt parks and find historical places and get permissions. I wouldn’t know where to begin to look for gold.

gonzo1968 said:
I would love to get a bigger coil and dig for nuggets. It’s easier for me to hunt parks and find historical places and get permissions. I wouldn’t know where to begin to look for gold.

Gonzo... Do a search on the web for Arizona gold prospecting or the AZ gold triangle. Or my favorite... Rich Hill AZ. This is an area of known gold producing ground. Lots of BLM land there for camping and prospecting. Just respect other peoples claims. You could also join a gold prospecting club and search their claims. You will be amazed at the extent of Arizona gold placers.
Good Luck!
Just a little something to get you going... I found these guys a couple years ago. AZ gold all with a metal detector.

If you are a GPAA member.. the Lucky Linda claims are now open.. There's been a lot of nuggets detected there(dry washed also) ... many of them are BIG and the claims are close to Rich Hill ( the Potato Patch)

I have had the opportunity to visit the Lucky Linda with a member as a guest years ago, but we didn’t do our research and came up empty. That friend moved and I never gave it a second thought. Times, they are a changing