Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

jewelry hunting

Bowie

Do any of you seriously (your main target,coins second) hunt for jewelry with the ETrac? I know, I know its reputation for higher conductors.
I mainly use my ETrac in old parks,old schools and old houses in town, looking for coins and whatever else I stumble on.
Oh, this is for dry land/ fresh water beaches. Mainly dry land like parks etc.
If so, do you mind talking about your strategy and settings?
Thanks,
John

I'm a coin shooter myself. I use Andys or bill's trashy park program. I use the MXT for jewelry and rings. I have a program for jewelry if you want. I have it on my pc at home. I can shoot you an email later.

I dont specifically hunt for jewelry, but when I am coin shooting, I will dig low tones, in hopes of getting gold

I use mine for lake beach hunting. No special strategy, just scoop everything above iron. Notice I said scoop, as in long handled beach scoop. You dont want to be bending down searching for gold or it will get old in a hurry.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1780928,1783689#msg-1783689

I use mine for coin shooting but will dig low signals if:

- the site is old and hasn't seen much traffic in a long time (less can slaw and pulltab type trash)
or
- If the low signal is deep and I've been pulling old coins from the site
or
- I'm at a site that has very little signals at all and I'm getting bored walking around and not digging

If I'm on a specific mission to hunt for jewelry on land or in the water I'll use my AT Pro.

I am always on the lookout for anything 12-8 ... I always dig these...half the time it is pull tabs, but you never know...

HH,

I hunt exclusively for jewelry. I used to own an etrac and I was successful with it. I found some nice gold jewelry listening for good tones and digging good gold numbers. I used Andy Sabisch's numbers from his book on the explorer and etrac which has a section on jewelry and is an excellent read.. He compiled a list of probable gold ring numbers and that gave me a real helpful guideline for digging targets.You still have to dig trash so you don't miss out on the good rings. Personal example. last year I dug a 12-15 in the outfiled of a baseball diamond at an old local park. Every time I ever dug that number it turned out to be a pulltab. Well it turned out to be a nice 10 gram platinum ring. My first and only piece of platinum jewelry in all the years I've hunted. I also suggest you buy a small coil. I switched from the standard coil to a 6" excelerator coil and got great separation as well as eliminating a lot of the masking in the heavy trash. I also suggest you read Clive Clynick's book on site reading for gold and silver. Good Luck!

I have been using my E-trac in shallow fresh water (knee deep) and have found 2 gold rings an 2 silver rings with it this month in a very trashy site. I use a 6" excellerator coil and hunt in two tone ferrous, digging every hi tone.