Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Junk from empty town lot

GA1dad

Lately I've been digging an empty lot on main street next to our park. Lots and lots of screw caps and clad. Here's some interesting junk I've dug in the last couple of days. The item on the top left was trash,, or so I thought. Turns out it is a golden foil prophylactic case. Some play money, marbles, an aluminum pill tube, fobs, one wheatie and a big brass fitting that I don't have any idea what it would have came off of. Nothing special, but hopefully we are clearing it out good enough that some deeper/masked coins may soon appear. The guy I have been hunting this lot with with has dug an 1800's IHP, a merc and twin bicentennial Eisenhower dollars in one hole. The Vanquish is serving him well! I've been swinging the Anfibio Multi w/ 7: concentric and the T2SE w/ the 13" Ultimate coil.

Attachments

• 20211119_193812.jpg
    20211119_193812.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 112
  • 20211119_193836.jpg
    20211119_193836.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20211119_193904.jpg
    20211119_193904.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 93
The Anfibio w/ 7" concentric should do well there. That is my go to town lot choice running low-mid Sensitivity.

I believe that the brass piece on lower right of first picture is some sort carburetor part or fuel float thingy as I have found 2 of them one of which had a glass insert…

I believe that the brass piece on lower right of first picture is some sort carburetor part or fuel float thingy as I have found 2 of them one of which had a glass insert…
That is cool, I can see that. I just did a search on that and also noted some oil sight glasses on older vehicles. Thanks for the suggestion. We have found several valve stem parts here. Enough to make me wonder if it was ever a filling station on the site.

Last edited:
As far as old city empty lots, never judge a book by its cover. One really neat thing about trash, even some of that has history!!!

Curious, what do you consider low-mid sensitivity. I generally run it at 80.
On most town lots I don't try to dig too deep. Maybe 6" on a coin size target. The trash density is usually too high to expect a good hit past that. Therefore, I will run the 7" at around 60-65 sensitivity. I know from experimenting in my test garden 50 will give a medium soft hit on a 6" coin with that coil. This is in my Custom 5 DI or 99 DI. If I decide to use 3 DI because the targets are super thick I will run about 65-72 on sensitivity. You can drop both of those ranges 20 points and still hit 4" coins just fine.