Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just a count who doesnt dig the penny's signal???

Ken in Georgia

How many of you do not dig any of the penny signal's that are out there ???

This would be the perfect place for a poll. 'Cause I dig 'em!

It depends on depth with me,and if your talking about lincoln cents.
I have found a lot of silver dimes that read as pennies!
I have dug barbers that registered 11-39 that were badly worn and thin.
if it right on top or very near though i will pass it up!

LabradorBob

I agree with Bob, if I am in a place where a lot of clad is present, I skip shallow stuff and go for deep signals, now of I am at an old house I dig everything.....I have found lots of old coins at houses shallow, you never know!

I just dug a 1905 Barber dime that registered just like a memorial cent!! 4 inches and 11/12-43. If that's not enough reason to dig penny signals, I don't know what is.

I always dig them. I dig everything that isn't trash because I have an ongoing contest with various friends every year on coins and every penny counts. I know a lot of people that skip them. I don't dig them for value, I dig them for winning the competition between my friends and I. To each his own. HH -Marc

I always dig the copper cent signals no matter the depth. As for the zinc cent signals, I only dig them if they are 4" or deeper in a public park. On old private ground, I will dig them all.

I passed up a penny signal once because I had dug about 30 of them and Goes4Ever dug it and snagged a 1920 Merc ......smh......never again. LOL

I pass up the zinc and shallows, but dig the rest...heck I remember a time we were happy to get a penny signal lol...:detecting:

MHirschmann said:
I always dig them. I dig everything that isn't trash because I have an ongoing contest with various friends every year on coins and every penny counts. I know a lot of people that skip them. I don't dig them for value, I dig them for winning the competition between my friends and I. To each his own. HH -Marc
You should detect some of the parking meter strips I have detected at. A friend and I dug over 300 penny signals between two parking meters once just to see how many there were. We would pull back a square foot of sod and pinpoint out all the pennys. I dont dig them very often if they are not deep. I dig a few pennies and dimes when I go to someplace new just to see what to expect. other than obvious silver signals I love to dig 12-46 signals because for me its almost always a token or something cool. Idigid

I'm sick of pennies, so if it's a shallow signal, I'll pass it. I can always find it again later since I quadruple hunt my areas. lol Anything over 3 inches it could be a Merc. Ya never know, so i dig them if it's below the 3 inch line. :)

I dig them all no matter the depth, because a Indian Head 2.5 gold piece will fall in the Zinc penny range on some detectors, :surprised:, HH Don

I usually dig all signals that don't give a double signal. I guess that falls in the 1 1/2 inch range. I usually dig everything when I first get there to guage the depth of the coins. If I start finding deep clad then I set my mental depth filter at 4" I dig all quarter signals period. Today found a 44 washington at 1"...

I dig any thing that registers money- clad, pennies, sometimes pull tabs and screw caps, but I don't know enough NOT to dig them. And with 2-3 cents worth of copper in each penny, why not? That's more than the interest the bank is paying.

Depends on how long I'm going to hunt for the day. Long Hunts (over 3 hours) = dig all good signals. Short Hunt = Cherry Pick

If I'm in an area that has a lot of zinc pennies then I'll pass on them.
Usually I dig them though. Never know when it'll be something better
than a corroded zinc cent.

Mark