Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just bought a brand new CTX

Hi there guys, finally saved up enough to get me a CTX standard pack. I have been studying this forum awhile now in trying to figure out all the tips and tricks of the CTX. I have used an E-trac a couple of years ago but sold it off awhile ago because I just didn't feel right with it and thought the depth of my unit was lacking. I had an original explorer and I loved that detector. So Im willing to learn this incredible detector and hope to bond with it like I did with the explorer. Im not much on being computer savy so I hope I can eventually figure out how to down load programs and make new ones and edit. I don't believe I ever used any set programs on my previous minelabs. Used open screen all the time or iron mask at 10 and away I go. I definetly want to take advantage of what all this detector has to offer. So I hope maybe some of you guys can enlighten me here in telling me that even a computer dummy like myself will be able to figure out the CTX. I will be watching plenty of the learning videos out there. Thanks guys, Steve

easiest way to get going with a great program is to look up gonehunting's settings for combined/Ferrous coin. My friend and I did this and have pulled out some great finds without having to change any other settings. his videos are very thorough and easy to follow, and he explains things well.

Welcome Steve! There are a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable folks on here.
Steve0812s suggestion is a good one. Keep watching the YouTube videos like Gonehuntings and the ones listed in the CTX instructional video forum and you will be fine.
http://www.findmall.com/list.php?95

Just be patient and don't let the frustration get to you. Use the factory programs for a while before you start messing with it.

Hey gents, I certainly appreciate the warm welcome here and there are many knowledgeable folks I see here that are quite helpful. I will be looking up gone huntings videos. Thanks, Steve

Congrats on the CTX a awesome detector I have had mine for 15 month now I started in the stock programs and I got to say I got a 11 inch merc in very very dry ground it sounded like it was 5 inches deep. I have found with this detector it love to find deep coins in dry ground. And it love Indian. So take your time and have fun because you are going to be busy digging. GL HH.

Thanks there folks for the vote of confidence. Just like anything else there will be a learning curve. It will be fun. Just one step at a time. Much appreciated, Steve