Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just dug my oldest American coin

Amazing to find something in that date range! Nice find sir!

Killer Find...! But I'm confused. It's a Mexican coin between in the mid 1700's
So is it a Silver copper mix..?? I could not see in your profile where your from..? Are you near Mexico...? NICE FIND.... But could you share a little more detail, so we could all live vicariously through you..!!
fastdraw, why do you want to be vicious, you should just be nice, just because you didn't find the coin is no reason to be mean.

I was on my way home from work and swung by a site I have hunted repeatedly. Grabbed the Equinox accompanied with the 6 Inch. Working my way into the debris field I had a deep but repeatable 16, odd numbers I thought but loved the signal, this rough specimen popped out in the 4 to 6 inch range. At first I thought 3 cent silver and just smiled sticking it in my bag. There us not much left to work with but the M over O {Mexico mint} orientation to the pillars gave me all I needed along with the 17 of the date after a good hole punching. These were minted from 1734 to 1771, which predates my 8 reale several years. The 1740 is a representative photo only
HH Jeff
Awesome coin! Ain't it just the coolest thing when something like that pops out of the ground!!!

I dug a Phillipus V in a farm field in South Central Pennsylvania. No date, but the coin was minted between 1700 and 1746. I think it may be mid 1730's but not certain.

I've included pictures. Also, I have a nice Mexican that's a little newer. I also have dug a couple other reales, but really don't want to hijack your thread. I just wanted to post because my little coin has a hole in it :)

Attachments

• 20201204_173425.jpg
    20201204_173425.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 20201204_173436.jpg
    20201204_173436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • 20201204_173449.jpg
    20201204_173449.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • 20201204_173458.jpg
    20201204_173458.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Awesome recovery Jeff. Hard to imagine the history behind that coin and how it ended up in your locale, considering it may be 100 years prior to your Statehood. Congrats on a remarkable find. HH Randy

Awesome recovery Jeff. Hard to imagine the history behind that coin and how it ended up in your locale, considering it may be 100 years prior to your Statehood. Congrats on a remarkable find. HH Randy
Thanks brother! Your turn!

Awesome coin! Ain't it just the coolest thing when something like that pops out of the ground!!!

I dug a Phillipus V in a farm field in South Central Pennsylvania. No date, but the coin was minted between 1700 and 1746. I think it may be mid 1730's but not certain.

I've included pictures. Also, I have a nice Mexican that's a little newer. I also have dug a couple other reales, but really don't want to hijack your thread. I just wanted to post because my little coin has a hole in it :)
Thanks, Love seeing your silvers as well!