Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just pulled the trigger on the Manticore

Bob38

After selling two underutilized but good detectors, I have spent the last two weeks jumping back and forth between should I get the EQ900 or the Manticore. So I spent some time reading the manuals for both. The 900 was an easy read since I have been running the EQ800 for a few years. Im on my second reading of the Manticore and can see where I can utilize the audio features to better alert me when Im over a good conductive target. However it may take some time to get use to the ferrous limits and be able to use them to my advantage.

Im hoping that the Manicore is everthing the Nox was not. With that being said the Equinox is an amazing unit to detect with and I have found some of my best finds with it. So I remain optomistic.

I will miss using my Coiltek 10X5 eliptical though

I don’t expect it soon. But I have been surprised by the dealer before.

After selling two underutilized but good detectors, I have spent the last two weeks jumping back and forth between should I get the EQ900 or the Manticore. So I spent some time reading the manuals for both. The 900 was an easy read since I have been running the EQ800 for a few years. Im on my second reading of the Manticore and can see where I can utilize the audio features to better alert me when Im over a good conductive target. However it may take some time to get use to the ferrous limits and be able to use them to my advantage.

Im hoping that the Manicore is everthing the Nox was not. With that being said the Equinox is an amazing unit to detect with and I have found some of my best finds with it. So I remain optomistic.

I will miss using my Coiltek 10X5 eliptical though
Nice no dealers around here have them! reason why I bought the 900 it's a great detector better separation than my 800.
Mark

Nice no dealers around here have them! reason why I bought the 900 it's a great detector better separation than my 800.
Mark
The only reason I went with the Manticore is the audio options. For sure the Equinox is a great separator and the 900 is killer. From what I’m seeing. Not sure if the 2D screen will come into play for me. My places are way too contaminated to rely on it. But who knows. I just had the spare change to go with the Manticore.

The only reason I went with the Manticore is the audio options. For sure the Equinox is a great separator and the 900 is killer. From what I’m seeing. Not sure if the 2D screen will come into play for me. My places are way too contaminated to rely on it. But who knows. I just had the spare change to go with the Manticore.
Same here one spot I've detected with 2 friends with our 800's hard signals were hard to find I've been back 3 times and have over 30 more silver coins with 2 halves with my 900! to me this spot
is loaded with bits of copper lead by the pounds and old iron spikes nails you name it to me its a winner Im not a screen guy I go by sound.
Mark

The manticore appears to be a cheaper version of the CTX, which to me was the absolute best on target ID. The CTX color screen showing he iron was a great additional bit of 'dig or dont dig' info. I have the 800 and 900 and the 900 is a bit more sensitive than the 800, deeper also. And on the list for the Manticore!