Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Received It....And It Looks Good!

The post man just dropped off my package from RNB Innovations.

First Impressions are that the design of the battery is really good. It looks sleek and well made. I also ordered the car charger with it, which should prove a worthwhile accessory.

Joe clearly spent a lot of time on the design of this product. It looks good, really a work of art.

It's on the charger and I am taking it on it's maiden voyage later today. I will be testing it thoroughly over the coming couple of weeks and will post the results on here of course. First test: how many hours of actual hunting will I get in before I have to recharge? May the fun begin...

Below are some pics of it:

Looks really nice. Looking forward to your reviews.

Yeah I am anxious to see run times with this thing. May have to throw one of these on the xmas list!

Neil

I might eventually get one. Maybe for Christmas also. But the introductory price better not go up or I'm out. It looks really nice. Hunting and never worrying about your battery is a comforting thought.

I ordered one too, hope to get it by weekend. 2 hours to fully charge is nice and no drop off of power til totally dead.

Still waiting for mine, should've been sent out yesterday.....nge

OH MY GOODNESS! I don't know if I will ever get you guys the results to the timed test. I let the E-Trac run for 15 hours today, full sensitivity, backlight on, max volume and I left it sitting there while I was gone for work. After 15 hours, the battery is still at 100%, full bars showing on the ET. I called Joe and asked him to make sure that the battery meter still worked correctly with this battery and he assured me it does. Thats just crazy!

In other news, the first 15 hours have gone flawlessly. The ET has done great. Clearly this battery works.

Now, I told you guys I would get you an answer as to how long this battery lasts, but by the looks of it, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

To those that will be getting it this week, I look forward to your posts with your impressions. This battery is just awesome and the runtime is clearly nothing short of ridiculous...Oh and did I mention, only 2 hours max to recharge once you manage to run it down? Awesome!

-Marc

That's just like taking the battery out and doing nothing. But I know that the real test is actually using the machine. Not knocking the battery's power or longevity, but batteries are worn down by the amout of signals it recieves, the more proccessing that goes on, the more the power reduces. Sure it will be nice to be able to leave the pack in your machine over the winter then fire it up in the spring and not have to charge the pack. Correct me if I am wrong Joe. BTW, still waiting for mine.......nge

RNB ML-2900 Shipping Update;

As we stated on our site we would start shipping out in mid October..........." We are on Schedule"

Every ML-2900 that was ordered as of Saturday Oct.13th was shipped Monday and Tuesday.

All others will be shipped Today Wednesday Oct. 17th.

We are working as fast as we possibly can to get your Batt Pack shipped out.

We thank you for your patience and we do appreciate your business.

Best Regards

Joe
RNB Innovations

I agree with you NGE, except for the fact that leaving it at full sens in my kitchen caused it to chatter like crazy. I guess this would be about the same thing as signal processing. Now I know this isn't the same exact thing as in-field testing, but I assure you that the standard battery gets worn down just by the machine being on in the same manner (full sens, backlight and volume), so it was a trial of sorts either way. I will be testing the duration of the battery in-field but couldn't make it out yesterday so I figured I may as well do something with it.

The actual timed usage of the battery in-field will commence today. I charged it back up last night and today I will take it hunting and start the stop-watch. As I said though, don't expect an answer from me anytime soon. Thanks for reading guys (and gals) and hopefully I will get you a response as soon as possible. -Marc

I live in California ( it was mailed from Bakersfield) so naturally the the farther away you live it's bound to take a little longer . It was sent USPS priority mail , snugly packaged in a 10 1/2"x 3 1/4" x 2 1/8" white box /carton ( easy to sneak by the wife if she's not as understanding as mine). It's very noticeably lighter than the stock rechargeable . I'm thinking the lightness will help a bit in counteracting the weight of the Sunray X-1 inline I use . I put in my Explorer SE just for ha , ha's and the battery meter said full charge ( interesting ) . I then plugged it in at 12: 45 and the red light went on . I like the red on black not only because it's very visible on my cluttered up desk but it matches my digging gloves :lol: I'm thinking I'm going to order the car charger as well as it could come in handy on a trip or in case of a very inconvenient long power outage . Well , that's my 2 zincs worth .

H H ,
George

I went and checked on it at 2:07 and the green light was already on . Dang , I missed seeing it go on .:laugh: I'm thinking it had a slight charge left on it from a factory pre-test .

I got my battery today, very fast shipping. didn't think it would be here in GA until Fri/Sat. may try mine for a few hours Thurs, Fri and Sat. D.

Mine just came, charging now. Really light weight, only 6.23 oz. However, I just noticed that the top cap all along the side that says lithium-ion batt pack missed the glue cycle. Not complaining, but what kind of glue can I squirt in there to fix it? Very well made, I like the colors, it charged up in less than 15 minutes. Now, if the rain would only stop:ranting: Will super glue work on this type of plastic or can I just smear some silicone sealer on it? I am worried that moisture may enter pack.......nge