Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Keeping at it!

bunker314

Hi All,
Got out yesterday again at the Kennesaw Battle Field area here in Atlanta. Hit it for about 3.5 hours. Tried all different sensitivity settings and ended up on about 16 as a good place to be. The tones and VIDs were all over the place. Shotgun brass was fairly consistent at 18-21. Bullets were -10 on up. :rage: Still it is always fun to pull out a 3 ringer! Not sure what the small bullet is. Will post it on the CW forum and see if they can help.
Thanks for looking.
Bunker

Nice finds Bunker. That small bullet looks like a 22 long rifle but I am not sure. Those shotgun shells and brass buttons come in too close to not dig. Give that CTX a try on those CW relics you might be surprised. Thanks for posting. HH :minelab:

"Big brother" units, more like our "creepy uncle" units or is it just the guys I see swinging them? Lol, just kidding around :)

Thanks guys, I do need to take the CTX up there. I will clean up the small bullet and try and get a better picture posted.
HH,
Bunker

Bunker - I live in the Atlanta area also - how far out of the Kennesaw battle field do you have to hunt? I would love to go around that area - but I am a little nervous about all the regulations.

I dont expect you to give away your area - just wanting to know a general idea of how far away from the state park you gotta go.. of course - if you want to drop me a hint.. that would be awesome...

Thanks is advance..

Hey Kregh,
I hunt on a friends property. That seems to be the ticket for hunting around there. You have to find someone that will let you hit their place. I would suggest going to the local Detecting club and get to know some of the great people there. I went to one a week ago thurs. http://www.ngrha.com/
Best of luck!
Bunker