Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Keeping my place in line but....

Kieth-Tx

Taking a break from the drama and hyperbole. As I am 18 on my dealers list....it appears it might be awhile. When I get mine I will check back in.

Kind of how I feel wait this long and can't get a detector being number two on the list.
I am just going to print the manual and wait on other people reviews and videos maybe that way I will save myself 750.00.

Im keeping my place and dont expect the detector any time soon i didnt pre order till jan 18th, im pretty excited after reading manual.

Yep, I think we ALL need to re-set our expectations, and take a step back. It looks like Minelab is having more trouble getting enough of the machines built and shipped than they, or we, expected. I personally am in no hurry, but for those who are, some additional patience may be required. I don't have any specific info, but my dealer says he does not know when he'll get his first machine/machines yet, and it sounds like from what others are posting, their dealers who ARE getting them, may only get 1 or 2 or 3 in the first batch.

Steve

I think price gouging has a legal definition that occurs under certain conditions of distress, like hurricanes or other disasters.
But metal detectors? No one is being deprived of life or limb, as in meds, food or water.
I've seen high detector prices on Amazon before---that boggle the mind.
(it did not seem they were serious about selling them, but...) :shrug:
(Years ago when Ford brought back the T-Bird, dealers were asking thousands above the retail-and getting it. Scarcity does often reset prices.)

Tony N (Michigan) said:
I believe I am around #50 with my dealer. :cry:
Not sure where I'm am on the list for my dealer. I actually ordered two.. 1 for me and 1 for my brother. Hopefully Minelab won't keep dealers waiting too long for their orders or cut corners to fill those orders.

pan4au said:
Not sure where I'm am on the list for my dealer. I actually ordered two.. 1 for me and 1 for my brother. Hopefully Minelab won't keep dealers waiting too long for their orders or cut corners to fill those orders.

[size=large]I just hope we can get ours before Spring has sprung! That would be awesome. I remember when the Explorer XS came out.
I went from a very very old Relco detector to the XS :smoke: Talk about a game changer! Wow! I still have the XS and
will NEVER get rid of it like I have other detectors such I did in selling my Explorer SE and SE Pro.[/size]

greenmeanie said:
WOW I would of been shopping around at number 50 lol.

[size=large]The seller sells to our detecting club so I was wanting to be helpful to him.[/size]

Wow! If they ca't get the products out the door!
I can just imagine how long it would take for parts, service or warranty issues!