Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

kellyco nolonger service minelab detectors?

Ksdirt

Just read on minelab website in the news section...effective immediately as of 10-02-17 kellyco will nolonger service minelab detectors.....

If the mother ship said it was so, it must be ........

Here is the link to the news release:

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=320105

I was hoping that the new service location in Pa would be in addition to Kellyco. Good question, what exactly HAS changed? Unless they have added techs, (as in several), most likely nothing. Good luck Fort Bedford, hope you know what you are in for...

Couldn't get much worse than it has been for out of warranty Minelabs.
ML said:
I was hoping that the new service location in Pa would be in addition to Kellyco. Good question, what exactly HAS changed? Unless they have added techs, (as in several), most likely nothing. Good luck Fort Bedford, hope you know what you are in for...

Imwonder if Kellyco will still do work on older ML machines which Minelab no longer supports? They were aboit the only place you could send one of these - even before they were ML’s official repair facility.

Not only that they were in contact with me during the whole process so I knew what was going on. I would say that is outstanding customer service.

and 'reasonable' repair costs. NOT the scalpers price to repair and the 'I'll be dead' before I get it back. Great product but they a have long way to go in Customer Service.
Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher and Whites will still fix ANY of their machines at a very reasonable cost and a fairly quick turnaround. Minelab take note !!!! Im still reeling about my $800 to fix my Excalibur and the $40 charge because I refused such an exorbitant repair cost. Shame on you !!! I bought a practically new Excal 2 for that price. Hope your quality control is above the clouds for the new Equinox. You sure have set the detecting world on fire. I hope it doesnt backfire.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Yes if minelab is starting a new location for service ...hopefully they're doin it for better service......Just match the service Whites has then you will have it goin on..
New detector ..new technology...new service....sounds good...let's hope..just do it.

Dan(NM) said:
Not only that they were in contact with me during the whole process so I knew what was going on. I would say that is outstanding customer service.

That is real good news. What exactly did they repair on your CTX?

ML said:
Dan(NM) said:
Up
That is real good news. What exactly did they repair on your CTX?
. They replaced the faceplate / touchpad

With Stu's sad passing, I wonder what else will change now at KellyCo?