Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

kellyco nolonger service minelab detectors?

Dan(NM) said:
Not only that they were in contact with me during the whole process so I knew what was going on. I would say that is outstanding customer service.

Agreed Dan. It's easy to pick at this and that and find fault but that's how people tend to be. The thousands of GOOD transactions go without fanfare or parades being thrown, but the bad ones are accentuated. Same way with the news outlets...it's how we have become. Glad to hear you're back in business very soon!

I am glad that Minelab is working on improving their service center here in the US. I have two Minelabs that are still under the factory warranty, an E-trac and Sov GT. A stellar service center makes both of them more valuable to me.

Rich (Utah)

I just wanted to join Dan in applauding the new Minelab repair center in PA. My out-of-warranty Explorer went on the fritz, and I contacted Minelab via email. As I mentioned in another thread on the forum, they responded promptly, got me an RMA number, and were even willing to "expedite" my repair and have it done and back to me within 5 days, if I was interested in overnighting the unit to them. FedEx overnight charges prohibited me from choosing that route, but still, I found that impressive. Instead, I sent it regular FedEx, and will wait to see how quickly -- and reasonably priced -- the repair will be. But so far, this has been a seamless, well-communicated, professional job on the part of Minelab. If I receive the same service from them that I have from First Texas and Garrett in the past (both very good), then I will be pleased -- as this is great for ALL of us.

Steve

what worries you Greg? Worried that you will have REAL communication throughout a repair? Worried that it wont take month to get a repair done? Worried that minelab finally faced the reality that KC wasnt upholding their end of the bargain?

OK, an update.

I am impressed. FedEx tracking shows that my machine arrived at Detector Center in Alum Bank, PA at 11:21 AM EDT. At 12:07 PM EDT, I got a text message from Detector Center saying that they have my machine, gave me a ticket number, and said I will get updates "as they happen." I also received an email at 12:07 PM EDT. In this email, they outlined/summarized what I wrote in the letter as being the problem I am having with the machine (to let me know that they understand the problem they are looking to troubleshoot). They said they will provide me an update as soon as they have diagnosed the issue, and to contact them if I have any questions.

Wow. Thus far, this exceeds my expectations...

Steve

Update two -- sent them an email, asking them to call me because I had something I wanted to mention to the repair tech.

They called me within 45 minutes of me sending the email, with the machine already taken apart and in the hands of a Minelab technician on the bench; they are going to let me know when they have diagnosed the problem.

Not sure how I could have asked for anything more thus far...

Steve

Final update...2:05 PM EDT, got another call from Detector Center. Detector is finished. They are shipping it back out this afternoon via FedEx. Problem was with one of the coil wires inside the control box housing; it was rubbing on something on the PCB, either a small soldered-on component, or else a "sharp edge" of the solder joint itself. In any case, they fixed the wire issue and bench tested -- no more overload signal, all is working properly. They charged me only a labor charge ($37.50), plus return shipping cost -- total out of my pocket (a non-warranty repair), $60.

Very, very impressive.

Steve

sgoss66 said:
Final update...2:05 PM EDT, got another call from Detector Center. Detector is finished. They are shipping it back out this afternoon via FedEx. Problem was with one of the coil wires inside the control box housing; it was rubbing on something on the PCB, either a small soldered-on component, or else a "sharp edge" of the solder joint itself. In any case, they fixed the wire issue and bench tested -- no more overload signal, all is working properly. They charged me only a labor charge ($37.50), plus return shipping cost -- total out of my pocket (a non-warranty repair), $60.

Very, very impressive.

Steve

That's the type of support news that we all want to hear. Three thumbs up!!!

Thanks for posting!
Always good to hear of good customer service.

sgoss66 said:

Very, very impressive.

Steve

I spent 40 yrs in the radio-TV biz and that price is unbelievably good. Takes the worry out of the "unchangeable" battery.
I am sure its changeable but they want to insure its water tight when done so its discouraged.

C U later Tom
LFOD !

Yes, Tom --

For me, it alleviates that concern (battery change, if needed), and also the concern of buying an Equinox "early" due to fear of having to send it in for repair/recall. With fast turn-around times, such repairs that might crop up on a newly released unit are less of a concern, and thus it gives me more confidence to buy the Equinox early, as opposed to feeling like I need to wait for a year before the "bugs are worked out."

Steve

That's to bad because I liked those guys, they really worked their butts off. I guess to many people complained too much. Do you really things are going to be better ??
Just wait. Can't make everyone happy. Calm down, have you ever been backed up in your job. Do you have a job ?? Now we are screwed !!

Sounds like someone that doesn't have any film in his camera Steve.-----I couldn't make head or tails out of the "statement" either".:shrug:

Just about to send mySE Pro to a repair place in the UK.
The company is www.metaldetectorrepair.com.
Don't know if it is worthwhile sending it over here but I think some people in the US send their machines over here for repair.

JAN1 said:
Just about to send mySE Pro to a repair place in the UK.
The company is www.metaldetectorrepair.com.
Don't know if it is worthwhile sending it over here but I think some people in the US send their machines over here for repair.

Yeah, some were. KellyCo was taking many months to repair warrantied detectors and I heard reports of 9 months for non-warranty work. Some did say they sent theirs over to the UK for work, and had them back in a few weeks. It would be expensive shipping, but youd have your machine in a reasonable amount of time.

I forgot to put film in the camera. My fault!! LOL

:biggrin: You're A-OK rl48off!-----Here all this time I thought I was the only one that ever forgot my film!;)-----It does remain to be seen how this new repair facility does when the #'s of repairs starts rolling in---but---at least they are getting started off on the right foot.----The real "test" though will come later in the Spring/Summer (IMO).------BTW, I don't have a job! I'm just an ole retired fart!!:thumbup:------------Del
rl48off said:
I forgot to put film in the camera. My fault!! LOL