Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Knives

On the subject of cheap knife's.
Here a lineman folding wire Skinner.
Positive lock closed and open.
Buttery smooth open. Just holding knife upside down and pressing the release it falls open and locks. I've never seen a folder this smooth. Solid built and very sharp. Almost to Sharp for a consumer grade knife. Do be careful not to let it close on your finger. As mentioned in feedback reviews. You Don't flick this knife to open. Literally hold it facing down. Push release button. As it falls open release the button to lock. Don't flick it like you would a tighter blade. And yes the blade is solid. Like it's mounted on a jewel bearing. It's that smooth.
For the price. A very impressive wire Skinner.

Last edited:
On the subject of cheap knife's.
Here a lineman folding wire Skinner.
Positive lock closed and open.
Buttery smooth open. Just holding knife upside down and pressing the release it falls open and locks. I've never seen a folder this smooth. Solid built and very sharp. Almost to Sharp for a consumer grade knife. Do be careful not to let it close on your finger. As mentioned in feedback reviews. You Don't flick this knife to open. Literally hold it facing down. Push release button. As it falls open release the button to lock. Don't flick it like you would a tighter blade. And yes the blade is solid. Like it's mounted on a jewel bearing. It's that smooth.
For the price. A very impressive wire Skinner.
Thanks! I might just have to order one. I wouldn't be interested if it weren't for the fact that the clip is reversable.
I won't carry a knife with a clip that's at the pivot end. I don't want to have to turn it around in my hand before I open it.

Thanks! I might just have to order one. I wouldn't be interested if it weren't for the fact that the clip is reversable.
I won't carry a knife with a clip that's at the pivot end. I don't want to have to turn it around in my hand before I open it.
It opens like nothing I've had before.
Be careful. Really sharp.
I hold the sides firmly until it's locked.
When I first snapped it open hard it didn't have time to lock and came back.
This is almost like a stealth knife.
Just hold downward kinda upside down.
Push button and it drops open.
A slight wiggle locks it.
Except for latching mechanism.
I don't think anyone would know you opened a knife. It's that smooth.

Wish I could just find one detecting or in an abandoned barn somewhere.
ODANS WISH: The last six weeks I've been clearing the property of my step father's estate... It's been brutally, sun searing hot... I respectably look like the Italian I am... one of the last spaces to clear was the remains of the old barn/shop that burned down some 20 years ago... My Stepdad Had someone push everything in a pile with a bulldozer to clear it off for the new building... Here I am 20 years later sorting, sifting, and separating the debris and burnt wood... As I was pulling this mess apart with a front end loader... I spotted an astonishing tire popper... Partially buried in the dirt... Horn up where the tires would roll... I was 110% sure I was lookin at a cast Fisher Anvil.. Fisher anvils were the only ones I knew of that have mounting holes at the base... I gently coaxed the poor forgotten baby from it's rest... And painfully put it in my truck... I regret not having a camera at the time of discovery... but I'm sharing now that the job is done... I took pics of a post vise I've had for years... And the many hammers I've bought from time to time... I also found Two anvil tools in my stepdads toolbox... But they're Too Big for this anvil... Which leads me to believe there may be a larger anvil somewhere waiting to be found...
1.JPG

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    603.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    615.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    614.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    622.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    611.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    609.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    613.3 KB · Views: 67
more pics...

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    609.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    615.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    431.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    613.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    599.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    614.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    608.8 KB · Views: 67
That anvil looks to be in pretty good shape overall. What does it weigh?
Love the large drift! Over the years I could have used one like that.

That's quite a collection of hammers, but really only a couple are what I would consider suitable for working hot steel. Balance is important, and the vast majority of ball pein hammers out there fail in that department miserably.

That anvil looks to be in pretty good shape overall. What does it weigh?
Love the large drift! Over the years I could have used one like that.

That's quite a collection of hammers, but really only a couple are what I would consider suitable for working hot steel. Balance is important, and the vast majority of ball pein hammers out there fail in that department miserably.
I don't have a scale handy to weigh it... While I'm Not a weakling... I'm No spring chicken either... If I crouch down over it... I can bunny hop it up and down the steps... I'm also not going to run around my yard with it... So I was guessing without knowing.... at least 165 lbs which is plenty heavy enough... Lol... I wasn't kidding when I said putting it up in the truck was painful... My back is still sore... but I wasn't going to risk letting it set anywhere out of my sight... For Me... That was like finding a gold bar...
A lot of the small hammers I have are light duty junk...(this isn't all of them) I buy these things at flee markets and such... some times I get a good one... I was thinking about texture and shaping when I bought some of them... The tin smith/auto body hammers are no good for any this... but it's a hands on look at what some of these hammers are for... I'll have a hundred hammers when I'm done... but only ever use 2 or three... I can't help myself... Lol....
Which two hammers were the ones you thought were most suitable ???

chest_50.jpg

I don't have a scale handy to weigh it... While I'm Not a weakling... I'm No spring chicken either... If I crouch down over it... I can bunny hop it up and down the steps... I'm also not going to run around my yard with it... So I was guessing without knowing.... at least 165 lbs which is plenty heavy enough... Lol... I wasn't kidding when I said putting it up in the truck was painful... My back is still sore... but I wasn't going to risk letting it set anywhere out of my sight... For Me... That was like finding a gold bar...
A lot of the small hammers I have are light duty junk...(this isn't all of them) I buy these things at flee markets and such... some times I get a good one... I was thinking about texture and shaping when I bought some of them... The tin smith/auto body hammers are no good for any this... but it's a hands on look at what some of these hammers are for... I'll have a hundred hammers when I'm done... but only ever use 2 or three... I can't help myself... Lol....
Which two hammers were the ones you thought were most suitable ???

View attachment 45565
A couple of those ball peins I would consider popping the handles off and forging them into tomahawks. :cool:

If the guy has got them still I'll get them blades you are talking about. He had a bunch last time I talked to him, this ones he had were about 2" × 16 or 18" long. Either 3/16" or 1/4" thick. Them blades were for a antique saw his grandpa had.
Have you had any luck getting those blade's ?