Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Koss Headphone problem

Gene68

Anyone else having problems with the wiring to the plug on the Minelab Koss UR-30 Headphones? Ive used mine about three months and seem to have a loose or broken connection on the plug. They cut in and out and when I wiggle the wire in clears up. It looks like the rubber flex joint is split. Does anyone have any experience wiring on a new end? If so what are your recommendations.

They have a lifetime warranty. Register them w/ Koss and send $9.50 ? and get a new set. In the last 12 years have abused several sets and most my fault; I just bought new (like them). Found out about the warranty and sent the last set in that I ran over w/ my quad (long story and told them), a new set was delivered about 2 weeks later.
Shep

If I remember right, there was several people having the same issue including me. I invested in a pair of grey ghost NDT's and haven't looked back since. The koss headphones are OK but just don't hold up well in the field. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and keep on swinging.....

Yea, I found a thread were several people had the same problem. I think ill spend $5 and put a new plug on them to hold me over till I get my Grey Ghosts then use the Koss as a back up pair. Sounds like I could get Koss to replace them but its going to continue to be a problem. I love my Gghost underwater headphones. Thanks for the replies!

I had the same problem. Just call minelab, tell them the problem and they will issue a return number. Then you send them in and in about a week you will have a new set of headphones.
good luck

My headphones went back yesterday after only three times out. I was told this was a common problem. Thank goodness I have my trusty back up detector so I don't miss out this weekend. I plan to purchase another brand- I don't want a repeat problem!

BartOscar said:
My headphones went back yesterday after only three times out. I was told this was a common problem. Thank goodness I have my trusty back up detector so I don't miss out this weekend. I plan to purchase another brand- I don't want a repeat problem!

I would use a backup set of headphones or earbuds before I would put my CTX up for another detector. I have some $20.00 earbuds I prefer using most of the time over my $150.00 Sunray Pro Golds.

I chose not to waste the $18 to ship them there and back. I just replaced the junk straight jack with a 45 degree jack from Radio Shack for $5 then I drove over to Detector Pro and bought a set of Grey Ghost DMC's. I'll keep the Koss for a backup pair but will probably never need to use them with the Grey Ghost's. I can't believe the sound quality difference with the GG's

Made this setup for Firecracker..
Skullies UW speakered haedphones with an adaptor for the wireless M10, so they can be universal.

Skullies UW's you have a option on what speakers are used, from the SunrayProGolds, Blackwidows, Killer Bees. to the RatPhones. And the are 100% waterproof. All have been sold for the year..and Firecrakers was the last till next winter. Water Hunting seasons is coming.

I want to thank OBN for finding the time to build the universal custom under water Skillies for me.

I use the WM-10 Wireless Audio Module when on land, I noticed because of the location of the headphone module on the rear of the CTX any headphone with a straight 1/4" plug causes stress on the cord, all land headphones should be ordered with a 90 degree X 1/4" jack the cord would have less stress and :minelab: less complaints.

Thank You,
Happy Hunting
Firecracker

OBN, can I get on the list for one of the next batch? ? ? Have fun there with Max, he's a hoot !

Yup, mine cut out too :/

Sending my Koss headphones back to Minelab too. Same problem everyone else had, they cut in and out. But my SunRay's are on the way from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies, so no worries!

I started this same topic last year. I had gone through 2 sets of head phones.

well I had same problem and ended up pulling cord out of jack in frustration.Tried to solder a new jack onto and with a single wire from headphones not so easy but looking for new set on accessory page email me if selling thanks charlie