Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last day of winter hunt

Steve1825

Pictures lousy, will try again later.

Went back to Bradley Park for the third time this year for my third silver. Rescued a 1944 quarter and a "Good for 5 Cents" token, from ( A. RETTBERG'S DRUG STORE HURLBURT & WEBSTER STS. ) Is this one in your token book Larry? This old park keeps on giving. Who said it was hunted out at our club hunt there last year?

Great finds Steve. I doubt a park that big will ever be hunted out. Congrats on your finds. :detecting: HH, Nancy

The token book is by cities and there was nothing listed in the Peoria section, could not find anything in Google either. Any idea on the town?

Found my close up lens, here are the pics.

Some leg work needs to be done to find a town with those two streets that intersect.... :shrug:

There are streets crossing with these names in Peoria, IL. With the age of the token and street expantions they are now listed as West Hurlburt Street and West Webster Street.

Since that token is not listed, I am pretty sure it would be an R6, Extremely rare. 5 or less known pieces..........:thumbup:

Great finds, Steve!

I found an Anton Rettberg Drug Store at 801 1ST Avenue and a John Rettberg Drug Store at 101 4TH, both in Peoria in 1910. Just a guess but I would say that Anton Rettberg moved his store to Hurlburt & Webster sometime after 1910. Daryl

Oops, I made a mistake in my earlier post. I thought The A. Rettberg Drug Store must haved moved from 1ST Avenue to Hurlburt after 1910, instead it moved from Hurlburt to 1ST Avenue which means the token is pre 1910. I found a listing for an Anton Rettberg Drug Store that was located at 1001 Hurlburt in 1905. Daryl

WOW! That's cool information Daryl. I'm sure Steve will love hearting about it too. I love those older tokens. Thanks and HH, Nancy

This token is made of brass, most post 1910 tokens were made of aluminum. A good dating criteria for many of our states tokens. Also any tokens that say the street number as individual numbers then newer maps as expansion of the city or town to include the designation of west, east, north or south streets shows research is needed to find the location. There are many so called maverick tokens cities that could be identified if this is remembered. Thanks for the info and we help each other out as we can.