Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last hunt of 2021 ? Equinox good to me again.

dfmike

I went out again despite the fact that rain was in the forecast. I knew the temps were going to drop the next day.

The Equinox did not disappoint. I found my third ever Rosie, another bluenose silver dime and a very worn silver quarter with an invisible date but it's a King George the fifth so it can't be more recent than 1936. The Roosevelt dime was hidden under 3 inches of fresh wood chips and down at least 3-4 inches in the dirt below. In this area, all the ash trees have been cut down last year because of the Emerald ash borer. It makes it tough to detect because precious depth is lost in several inches of wood chip cover. The Equinox seems to do quite well despite this.

I also found a rusty bottle opener which is ironic because as I've mentioned several times before, this place is loaded with bottle caps everywhere. The 2 keys are standard fare and I don't know what the other object is... a gold gilded cuff link perhaps ? The base metal seems to be brass. Appart from those finds, I dug up a dozen pennies from the 30's on up. After 3 hours there, the rain started pouring and back home I went. The cold has now set in and with night lows of 14 degrees, the ground will be hard as a rock within a few days. Despite being a newbie with this detector, I have enjoyed using it very much and looking forward to get back at it in 2022. HH everyone !

Settings used: Park 1, gain at 23, 5 tones, recovery speed 3. The Equinox ground balanced at 6. The small 6" coil was used again.

Attachments

• finds-dec001.jpg
    finds-dec001.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 127
  • finds-dec002.jpg
    finds-dec002.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Another great hunt!! You picked up very quickly on discerning good / bad targets on with the Equinox. Yep unfortunately cold weather is setting in for many of us. 😩

Congratulations on a great outing and finds!

Keep at it. Happy digging

26 here in N Idaho and spitting snow. Thinking most likely close to finishing out the year. I found it was hard to squat down when dressed up like the Michelin Man!!!! I was wanting to clear $150 clad for the year but missed it by $10….. oh, there is next year!

Thanks guys. It's pouring rain today after getting a few inches of snow. Crazy ! Freezing temperatures overnight but it's supposed to get warmer by next weekend and just above the freezing mark for most of next week. Hey, you never know. There might still be enough time to get my 19th and 20th silver dime by the end of the year. I got 13 last year with the Nokta.

I still have so much to learn on this machine. I want to try other program modes, other recovery speeds and play around with iron bias.