Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Hunt - Silver etc.

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

I haven't been able to get out and indulge my passion, detecting, due to weather and commitments. But, alas, I was able to rearrange my schedule and get out and swing my V3i! It's often challenging to find a site to hunt living in a small town that I have hunted for the last 35 years. Often I re-hunt sites that have seen my coil many times. That was the case at the first site that I hunted. I found a vacant lot that had been partially mowed and dug the 1954-D Washington and the two silver Roosevelt's. While I was detecting the perimeter of the mowed portion, I spotted the $20 nestled in the weeds. Sure beats digging two thousand crusty memorials hahah. Then driving in another portion of the city, I noticed a vacant house for rent. I knocked on the house next door and learned that the lady owned it and she granted me permission to detect. There, I dug the two mercs, several wheat cents, the non coin items and the 1919 Walking Liberty Half. Unfortunately, my west Texas soil coupled with fertilizer can be quite harsh on silver coins but it sure was fun to get out swinging the coil. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel, that's a fantastic hunt and the twenty dollars is just a bonus. Your right about your soil being tough on silver, around here in WV the silver comes out nice & shiney.

Still looking 52, thanks. You are lucky to dig nice looking silver, Sometimes I have to scrub the day lights out of a coin just to post an identifiable picture hahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks, Ed. When I find currency, I put it in a secret compartment in my wallet - for an emergency. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Nice hunt squirrel on my honeymoon 5 years ago I found a $100.00 fly across a parking lot on a windy day no one was in the lot at the time I guess my lucky day!!!
HH
Mark

Mkus said:
Nice hunt squirrel on my honeymoon 5 years ago I found a $100.00 fly across a parking lot on a windy day no one was in the lot at the time I guess my lucky day!!!
HH
Mark
I was once told to hunt the up wind side of all chain link fence for loose money.

still looking 52 said:
Mkus said:
HH
Mark
I was once told to hunt the up wind side of all chain link fence for loose money.
Its true in parking lots my friend does that!
Mark

Congrats on some nice finds...

Great hunt Blind Squirrel., nothing like paper money to put the coin hunting in perspective... funny thing,my soil is hard on coppers and forgiving on silver...I’ve never seen a green Walker before lol..fine hunt though....congrats...

Thanks bootyhoundpa. When I first saw that Half - I didn't recognize it for what it was and I'm a "coin guy". There was so much crud on it and because of the color, I initially thought that it was a token or a Mexican coin. We really do have some rough soil here. This spring, I'm planning a visit to western NY where I have, in the past, dug old silver that still had luster! What a contrast between west Texas silver and west NY silver! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Mkus. That WAS a lucky day for you and I'm sure that C note came in handy on your honeymoon! A year or so ago, I was detecting in a nearby town and after talking to the owner of the vacant lot, a Golf War veteran, walking back to the truck,I spotted a bill stuck in the weeds and it was also a $100 bill. It's in my secret compartment in my wallet with this $20. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Still looking 52, that was good advice - to check near fences for cash. Over the years, I have found several bills near or lodged against fences. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

A real nice bunch of finds - congrats !

And yes, looks like there's a lot of minerals in the ground in your area !

I was detecting this past Saturday a curb strip when a dollar bill was blowing by me I grabbed it lol
Mark