Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last post, October 2011

kabarcoinin

Hope you folks like these pictures. It's been awhile since I last posted. The finds here come from the local parks in central Illinois.

Average depth was 5-7". The 1865 was at 9" with a square nail next to it. 04-30 meter reading. Kind of a thump-thump sound signal. Unusual reading.

Very nice. Love the injuns. Thanks for sharing.

The 2 seated dimes were 7-8" and reflected a sweet high pitched tone. One showed 12-45, one 12-46 on the meter. The Barbers and Mercs 4-6" down. Love that silver pitch tone!! The 1916 S Barber was laying below a buffalo nickel about 1". Nickle is shown coming up.

The Canadian dime shown had all the junk in with it. The EQ2 coil did a good job separating it out. 5(1/2)" down. I just love working trashy areas. Gotta work real slow and listen, listen, listen...

Old pocket knife gave me a 24-48 reading. Gold ring was 3(1/2)" down and the Etrac went nuts at 12-33 reading. First Victory Bell Token I've found here. Buffalo nickel had the 1916 S Barber Dime below it. Australian Florin was first I've ever found. Read like a quarter at 12-46. 1942 quarter was 5" down, a real 12-46 screamer.

These silver coins, Indianheads, Wheaties, Nickel & musketball were the most recent finds. Kind of late posts.

The Washington quarter was down in 8" in a layer of pea gravel, white rock, and road pack. It was very beaten up, covered with road oil and disfigured. Still silver!! The Liberty quarter, and 1904 Barber dime were 10' apart next to a park road, down in heavy white rock and gravel. Hard digging but worth it! 8" on Quarter.

Approximately 9" on Barber dime. Barber had a screw cap an inch away to the side slightly faint sound. 1883 Seated dime, other Barber. Merc and Rosie average 4-5" depth.

E-TREC-Virginia said:
Very nice. Love the injuns. Thanks for sharing.

The same for the rest of the pics. Very impressive.

Nice haul, impressive when you wait and show all at once congratulations.

do you have any pointers on pinpointing with the 6 inch coil? i guess i have been using the 6x8 and pro coil for so long it seems easier to pinpoint those.

i can get it down to 4-6 in hole, however coin will be front right of hole or back of hole, but it seems it should be able to narrow down even more. D

Congrats on some very nice finds ! :beers:

Sweet! :drool:

Bunker

Pinpointing a coin or object with the EQ2 coil is pretty easy. I usually get the best results either slightly under the coil edge or right under the EQ2 label on it.If that dont work, I'll walk a circle moving the coil slowly. side to side until I hear the best signal.Hunting in high trash areas and hearing those deep coins takes practice but it will pay off. Hope this helps you and happy hunting!!