Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last weekends finds..kinda long

sillllvar

Hi guys

At last getting to post these finds from last weekend.

Detected most of Saturday and found ZIP :stretcher:

Sunday and What a difference a day can make!! Sunday morning produced the Indian head penny and a little gold encrusted thingy. I think it is the top of something. Those two items were found wayyy out in the woods at a cellar hole. It took us 20 mins on foot to get to this place on an old colonial road. Any idea on what the gold thingy could be? My mate and I finished the day at around 1pm as he had to get back home to the family. My wife is away on vacation for two weekends..last one and this one coming, so I am making the best of my time ya know :crylol: I swung by another cellar hole on the way home and detected a spot that I had not really done too hard before. I found what I think is a watch chain. I think it has got some age because boy was it deep. After finding that and starting to feel like I was getting better at handling my SE I got that sweet high pitched tone and the cross hair went way up to the right and almost off the screen :crazy: I though hmm this sounds like something nice! I dug down pretty deep and out popped a large cent. I was feeling pretty happy at that point....my first LC with my SE! I scanned the hole again as any seasoned hunter does and whamo another of those signals! I dug yet a little deeper and in my hand was the second large cent. In my 16 years of hunting in the UK I have never had this happen before...I was one happy camper. What was kinda cool too is that they are two different types of LC.

So I got the loot home and the poor large cents looked kinda wasted and covered with crude. I had read but never tried the hot peroxide trick and thought that I would rather try and bring out the beauty of the coins than have them looking like crap. I know some of you will think that I am nuts value and all that by cleaning coins. I think I did the right thing as they cleaned up nice. Cheers for looking....and all the best

Alan

Very nice Sillllvar, 2 LC and an Indian....and I see a nice old bucklllle.........the cap looks like its off an old perfume bottle maybe. :cheers:

Nice finds, Alan!

Sounds like you sure had to work for them -- but it was worth it.

HI GR....soil conditions were good. Loads of oaks and maples around the old cellar hole. When i find copper or Bronze it seems to have nice preservation. Forest finds seem to be coated in a hardened organic crud. The hot peroxide bath really did the trick in stripping it off.

HH
Alan