Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest Digs From Civil War To WWII

Sooper Dave

Last weekend I went out trying to get permission for a property that may have been a Civil War camp but no one was home. So change of plans I hit an old school's ball field down the road. I found a handful of Wheats, a 1935 Washington along with 3 Mercs from the 40's. As I was leaving I got another wheat penny signal but it was a WWII era Major's pin. Turned out to be a great hunt. The next day I went back and got permission to hunt the spot I thought might be a camp. Unfortunately most of this property was used as a dump and it has tons of trash everywhere. I did find a cool printing plate for Hanna's Green Seal Paint in all the trash. I don't know what time period it is from but looks like from the 20's-30's. The yard was not as trashy and I did find a variety of bullets from a nice Enfield to 3 Merrill Carbines. I dug one button but I think it is post War. It is a Tennessee State Seal agriculture commerce cuff button.

This weekend I was able to get on a new permission I have been trying to obtain for years and it did not disappoint. I dug a lot of dropped bullets along with one General Service coat button and a cartridge box finial. I dug a lot of camp lead and what I thought was fired bullets turned out to be 3 carved ones. One of the last targets I dug was a silver dime and I was hoping it would be a soldier drop but is a 1940 Merc. It seems this was also a camp site and I only had time to hunt a small part of the property. I am hoping to get more time here.

xavLDij.jpg
GuM3gRG.jpg

TaDZlH3.jpg
faA4Zcs.jpg

FkV0oS3.jpg
jWMVNMR.jpg

tpYGWps.jpg
cj6NxcN.jpg

16nWcZI.jpg
eMMa82A.jpg

BtoCyWD.jpg
052gqm8.jpg

LHlp2UC.jpg
aPccE8a.jpg

SooperDave, Congrat's on some very nice CW Relic saves. You had a great day out. You did really well. I like the Eagle button and the finial, and all that lead. I especially like finding carved bullets. The bullet with the X'd bottom is really interesting. Most likely a game piece, but it's always fun to use your imagination. Could this have been done by a Confetrit', in regards to the Southern "Saint Andrews Cross" battle flag? The other carved bullet pictured next to the X'd bullet, is this too small to be a canteen stopper? It is shaped like one. Always fun to ponder. What machine were you using?

SooperDave, Congrat's on some very nice CW Relic saves. You had a great day out. You did really well. I like the Eagle button and the finial, and all that lead. I especially like finding carved bullets. The bullet with the X'd bottom is really interesting. Most likely a game piece, but it's always fun to use your imagination. Could this have been done by a Confetrit', in regards to the Southern "Saint Andrews Cross" battle flag? The other carved bullet pictured next to the X'd bullet, is this too small to be a canteen stopper? It is shaped like one. Always fun to ponder. What machine were you using?
Thanks! Yeah the carved lead is so fun to find and a great personal piece., gets the imagination going for sure. I think it would be too small for a stopper and I was using my old Etrac.

Thanks Jeff! I have dug just a few carved bullets but never have dug 3 in one hunt, such a great personal piece from a soldier. I hope you get your coil over some soon. I was using my old Etrac I've been using for years.

Sooper Dave, I'm just curious as to what headphones you use for your Etrac. I use the Minelab Safari and have used the Gray Ghost Original headphones for about 5 years now. I really like the comfort and the quality build on the Gray Ghosts. These are the best headphones I have used. I'm looking at getting a set of the Gray Ghost wireless phones but they are hard to find right now.

Outstanding finds!!!

Sooper Dave, I'm just curious as to what headphones you use for your Etrac. I use the Minelab Safari and have used the Gray Ghost Original headphones for about 5 years now. I really like the comfort and the quality build on the Gray Ghosts. These are the best headphones I have used. I'm looking at getting a set of the Gray Ghost wireless phones but they are hard to find right now.
I would say the Gray Ghosts are the best. I am using the Deteknix wireless on the ear headphones . They are light weight and not as hot in the summer and I love being wireless. However they are not the sound quality of the over the ear Ghosts you are used to.

Very nice finds Dave I’ve been fly fishing for tuna so detecting has taken a back burner only for a short time though…
Mark

I love places that have a variety of awesome items. Good job