Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest finds from Virginia

MSG Hoff

Spent 2 1/2 days in Virginia relic hunting. The back of the property was too wet to hunt so the area was restricted to about a 100' x 500'. Still managed to pull up 46 bullets and the 1800 large cent.

I was using the new 13" Detech coil and was looking for a particular bullet...a .44 caliber Colt with extractor marks. I found 4 of these .44 caliber Colt bullets about 5 years ago. Then the fifth bullet about 3 years ago and finally the 6th one on this trip. The twisted tops are extraction marks. They were all found in the same 20 foot radius. It was deeper and eluded the 10DD and the 10x13SEF coils.

The 3 bullets on the left are Colt Army Early Model and the three on the right are Colt Army New Model. Either the soldier pulled all six out of one revolver or two revolvers were involved which could account for the different type of bullets (although both could be fired in the same revolver). I guess another theory is that a gunsmith was working on Colt revolvers in that general area.

.54 and .58 rifle muskets, .52 Sharps carbine, .54 Merrill's carbine, .50 Smith carbine, .44 Bartholow, .44 Colt, and .36 Colt. The bullet on the bottom left appears to have been fired with the ramrod in the barrel.

:clapping:

Awesome - love the detailed info. Just ordered my 13" ultimate today.
HH - Bruce

Freaking GORGEOUS FINDS!

bubba