Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest from Garrett about AT Pro shipping

SteveP(NH)

Wrote Brad an email asking if there was an update and he said,

We are shipping the AT Pro

Talked to Sue at Garrett this morning and got pretty much the same answer, except she said they were sending "a few" to each distributor, who in turn must distribute among the dealers. I just wish Garrett would come to the front and tell their customers a true release date. Their pamphlet shows Oct. 15th, all the dealers said Nov. 2nd. They had to get that information from someone. All of them couldn't make up that date. And Garrett knows what they were saying. I prepaid for mine in September. Still no way of knowing when it will arrive. Don't know about anyone else but it gets frustrating when no one knows anything, even Garrett.

When I ordered mine (sometime around October 2nd or 3rd) my dealer told me he was getting 6 machines out of the first batch and I am supposed to get one of those 6. I think I was the second one to pre-order from him (a buddy of mine was the first) so hopefully if he gets less than 6 I will still get one out of the first batch. He told me he had arranged to have mine dropped shipped directly to my house so it wouldn't have to be shipped to his shop first.

Anyway hopefully next week though I wish it would be in time for this weekend the weather is supposed to be great for November this weekend and I am planning on getting out both days, it would be nice if I could use a brand new AT Pro, but my other machines will fit the bill if it doesn't.

I'm a dealer in Houston. They're supposed to ship to the distributors this week sometime and me as a dealer should have some next week. Looking forward to it.

These are made in the USA correct !
or do the parts come from China and assembled in the USA.

Might be a slow boat from China!

Uncle Willy said:
All American made.

Bill

Am I to understand that you're claiming there are NO overseas parts used, and that EVERYTHING contained in Garretts detectors is manufactured (NOT assembled) in the good 'ol USofA?

Because if you are, I'm prepared to make a wager with you.................

Smitty

Boy you got that one right with the crickets chirping....Can't seem to get any info on shipping.
They will start shipping next week, or maybe the next week, or? Maybe early next November?
We will see.....

Hmmmm.......I guess my wager isn't going to be accepted....

Oh,and for LarryK56.........not China, but close.

You see Garrett will fly the American Flag on their site and claim "Made in America" (lower left hand corner), but fail to finish the statement with "using Taiwan Parts". They should be a bit more honest, and say "Assembled in America".

It took me 5 minutes with a phillips screwdriver to see for myself.

Smitty

I really don't see your point since electronic parts are made
anywhere but here in the States.
"made in USA" can be made to mean just about anything nowadays.

Steve, the "point" is people trying to lead others to believe these are 100% American, which is untrue. Again, "Made" and "assembled" are 2 different things. Personally I don't like being intentionally misled.

Smitty

all of the US detector companies say made in America on their detectors and you can't buy all American parts. No matter how hard you try. I think what the Garrett and the rest are saying is that everything that they directly fabricate (in other words everything under their control) is made in America. Do you really think anyone doesn't know that all electronic parts are made in china these days.

With all the important things to worry about these days you sure must have a lot of time on your hands to build this molehill into a mountain. With all of the companies using a made in America label on their products which contains some parts made overseas you sure must feel like Don Quixote tilting at windmills in your quest to set the record straight. Or is it that you are just setting the record straight on Garrett and don't mind it when Whites, Tesoro, Fisher, etc. claim the same thing.

Some of you may not recall when the US led the world in the development of electronics. Zenith, RCA, Texas Instruments, Philco, Fisher, etc to name a few. A number of things happened, not the least of which was union demands for more money and benefits. Right or wrong, this led to increased development and production costs. The Japanese at the time which had the reputation of making poor quality products, became very good at applying the technology we developed into consumer products. The Japanese products very quickly became standards of quality. Remember the very first Honda car, Toyota. Now couple this increased quality with lower production costs, the American businessman was faced with looking for ways to stay cost competitive. Use overseas parts to be assembled here was one way. Some chose to just have everything bought and assembled overseas. Some have moved portions or their manufacturing overseas. Outsourcing is another way to keep a respectable return on investment. I believe the US is on the road to becoming the producer of nothing. We used to have the some of the best textile manufacturing and clothing production here in the US. Not anymore. We were the leading steel producer, Not any more. We trail behind China, Japan, and Indonesia. GM is no longer the leading auto manufacturer. It has gotten so bad that the US is now printing some $600B in new money which devalues our dollar in relation to other world currencies just to make what products we have left appear cheaper and hopefully increase our exports. With the defunding of NASA we have also lost a lot if the research and development work and talent. At least Garrett is providing jobs here in the US and doing their best under the global market to stay competitive with completely foreign made detectors. I give them credit for that. Apologize for the preaching.

whadda said:
someone got out of bed on the wrong side don't you think

Who are you talking about? It surely isn't me....unless by my calling "BS" for what it is getting up on the wrong side of the bed.

SteveP(NH) said:
all of the US detector companies say made in America on their detectors and you can't buy all American parts. No matter how hard you try. I think what the Garrett and the rest are saying is that everything that they directly fabricate (in other words everything under their control) is made in America. Do you really think anyone doesn't know that all electronic parts are made in china these days.

With all the important things to worry about these days you sure must have a lot of time on your hands to build this molehill into a mountain. With all of the companies using a made in America label on their products which contains some parts made overseas you sure must feel like Don Quixote tilting at windmills in your quest to set the record straight. Or is it that you are just setting the record straight on Garrett and don't mind it when Whites, Tesoro, Fisher, etc. claim the same thing.

So you're saying they're only including the parts which can be bought here, and those they don't....don't count? And no, I don't think "everyone" knows all electronics are made in China, and don't agree with a manufacturer who states "Made in America", when it's only assembled here when it includes overseas materials. Very misleading.

Show me where on Tesoro's site they claim "Made in America", since you claimed they do. I've looked, and can't find it (perhaps I missed it). If you show me a link where they state it, then I'll acknowledge your correct. I don't know about the other brands because I don't have any here I can take apart to disprove, I do have a Garrett.

Mountain? :rofl: I simply questioned someone who made an incorrect statement. So if someone else claimed Garrett now had a lifetime warranty, no one should correct them? You guys seem pretty touchy on the subject, sorry for stepping on the toes of Garrett Almighty. Please continue with your worship :please:

Smitty

Smitty, I have to agree with you. "Made in America" is misleading when the product in question has some parts made elsewhere. I don't see how stating that fact is some kind of Quixote quest. I find value in keeping my dollars close to home. I like making informed decisions on where my dollars are going, whether directly or indirectly. Not that it makes a reasonable difference, but at least I can go to bed knowing that I did my part.

Making a metal detector with entirely American made parts may not be a possibility now; if it is, I imagine it would be cost prohibitive. At least Garrett and others are still keeping a good portion of their production in-house, and manufacturers should state as much.

The politicians in this country have sold our country , and it's industries, and it's people , for thier own gains ....Pretty soon everything we eat, wear, and own , will be made in the United States of China !!!.....It's closer than you think !!.... Jim