Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Latest from Garrett about AT Pro shipping

I agree... to a point. I am really interested in the AT-PRO. It looks like it might be a really good machine and I don't care if some of the components are made overseas... it does bother me for people to defend it with ignorance. The chip may be an exception, I don't know about that but the other parts can be and are being manufactured in America. It bugs me for people to post that "these parts are not made in America anymore". Just because overseas parts may be cheaper does and a manufacurer choses to use them does not mean that we don't make them here.

I have no beef with Garrett, with the AT, and it does not bother me that a made in America product has some foreign parts... I see Smitty's point though, since the parts are available from American manufacturers and the end product says Made in America... maybe they should use Ameirican manufactured parts if they can... or change it to "Assembled in America"... but I don't expect anything to change as long as the public can save a dollar because a manufacturer uses Asian parts... we all complain about jobs going overseas as we drive to Walmart.

J

I know you didn't have anything to do with starting the "Made in America" part of this thread... but it is a perfect look at the reasons why American jobs are moving overseas... because we don't care. When it comes to us, we want to save a buck... other people should buy American. Our congressman is good, everyone else's should be kicked out (not all, I know...)

We don't care... what do we (each single person) matter in such a huge thing as the US economy... or national politics... what do we matter? Well... we do matter, we all matter and the decisions we make matter.

but... we saved a few bucks on todays purchase.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to take some moral high ground. I am not fussing at Steve. I don't care if Garrett uses some foreign parts. However, I am saying that none of us should complain about manufacturing jobs going overseas if we only care about getting what we want as cheaply as possible and excuse it by saying that, "we don't make those in America anymore"... we do make most everything that is needed here.. and if we can make anything here... but we don't really care, we say we care, but we don't, not really... not if it costs us a few dollars more because we think that we are to small, as an individual to make any difference... besides if everyone else is getting it cheaper so should we... and that it OK as long as you (not you personally of course) don't complain about manufacturing jobs leaving the USA... you can't have it both ways. As they say... "if you want to dance, you have to pay the piper".

So, there are still two new detectors on my short list and the AT is one of them... it looks like a good machine.

J

I am done with the "made in America" thing. It was my bad even responding to it in the first place. This forum is for talking about metal detecting with Garret detectors, not arguing about politics. Findmall has the views forum for politics and that is where the made in America thread belongs.

I just hope my At Pro gets here in time for next weekend we are supposed to have good weather then and I am anxious to give the machine a try out before the snow flies up here in NH as we are already detecting on borrowed time, a lot of years we have already had 2 or 3 winter storms by now.

It is so good to hear that they are shipping out of Garrett's factory now. I just hope they are sending them out in the order they were pre-ordered in, I pre-ordered mine the first of October.

HH and good luck next time you get out. :thumbup:

Hey Julien, I understand there may be electronic components made here in US
but we lost this battle in electronic devices decades ago.
For instance, TVs, cellphones, computers, etc., should we hold all these other
devices to the same standard? I doubt anyone will.

Anyway this is all the fault not only of the American public but big business
and our polititions who sold us out long ago, not really something that needs
to be debated under this thread.

Busdigger, good luck to you no matter which brand(s) you choose.
If I don't like a brand/model I sell for whatever reason.
Peace all, I hope we can close out this subject.

I agree. It is time to move on.

Jerry

Brown truck still hasnt stopped here yet :)

I was kidding with you... I know you didn't start it. As I said, I don't really care either.

HH to you too!

J

I'm looking for my supply to get here any day. Word from Garrett was they were shipping to the distributors last week. So I figure my distributor should have them this week. So I hope to have mine hopefully by the weekend. :) My distributor is in my same town. So if all goes well I'll be swinging mine Saturday.

Do you know how many he got? Just curious... really looking forward to your report!

J

That isn't bad... I look forward to the reports from the users.

J

Yep just talked to my retailer. He said the distributer got them in today and was shipping them out to him so mine will be in by Monday. Really looking forward to trying it out here in the swimming holes...

Yeah I got mine today. I'll be out learning it Saturday morning. Glad the wait is over. It's cool how it can the difference between a coin and a bottlecap!

I got the confirmation from my dealer that he shipped mine today:super:, should be here Monday , I can't wait... Like a kid at Christmas:clapping:.

cmtoys said:
I got the confirmation from my dealer that he shipped mine today:super:, should be here Monday , I can't wait... Like a kid at Christmas:clapping:.

Lucky you, my dealer only got one AT PRO in his first shipment and I was number 2 on his list so I have to wait longer. He said he thought he would get another shipment (if you can call one detector a shipment) in this coming week but I am not counting on anything until I get a tracking number. I talked to another long time Garrett dealer up here in New England and he only got one AT PRO in, for his first shipment too. Seems like we are on the short end of the stick up here in New England. Oh well hopefully I will get it the week after Thanksgiving. I pre-ordered at the very beginning of October, 2nd or 3rd if I recall correctly.

He is supposed to get his tomorrow, don't know when mine will show up yet. If the snow holds off maybe I can get out his way the first weekend in December (assuming my machine has showed up by then).

I ordered mine monday and ups has wednesday as delivery day. ordered it from new england dist.I got lucky they had two left.