Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LCD SCREEN REPLACE

chk17

can anybody direct me to a detailed remove & replace procedure for my ctx3030 . it has a large dark spot blocking screen info.

Yes, Call Minelab

Do you really want to screw up a $2,500 machine?

Chk....Do you have a pic you can post of the darkened screen? Just curious to see the problem...and....the repair center is VERY good and can fix you up for less than you might think, and very quickly. Their “repair game” has changed for the better in the last few years...ALOT.

Minelab will not sell you parts. Screen replacement means violating the water resistant integrity. It has to be re-assembled correctly and then pressure tested. When a used CTX gets sold, the new owner should expect ALL the features advertised. If random people are allowed to start ripping and replacing, its going to cause harm to the brand overall.

Minelab will not sell you parts. Screen replacement means violating the water resistant integrity. It has to be re-assembled correctly and then pressure tested. When a used CTX gets sold, the new owner should expect ALL the features advertised. If random people are allowed to start ripping and replacing, its going to cause harm to the brand overall.

AND.......This is the reason I said call Minelab

What exactly is a pressure test? How is it done without the possibility of water getting into the machine if it fails? I’ve opened my CTX up several times and don’t see anything to screw up when reassembling unless you leave sand on the seal. If you are a wet/dry sand hunter go for it. Underwater for hours I’d say go with a different unit, like an Excal.

I looked at that and it looks awesome for a test lab but if you are repairing hundreds of detectors every week or so it doesn’t sound cost effective given the time and effort per machine required. I really wonder what methods detector manufacturers use.

I attended the Pomona gold show and asked a ML dealer and she said there is a thing like a big pressure cooker and the test actually is pretty quick and usually done on repairs.