Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend not keeping time correctly

Jacamo

Hello I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues with the clock on the Legend? I'm not 100% sure but It seems like every time I charge it the clock gets reset and it has been really annoying having to set back to the correct time. I don't know if this is a known issue or if this is just happing to mine. I will start to pay more attention to it when I go to charge it next time but just wanted to see if im not the only one.

Is there a way to save your settings before you factory reset or do you lose all of that? When I updated to 1.09 I did the factory reset and it was really annoying having to go back through all my settings to get them how they were. But I will try it and let you know.

Just a thought…… if one runs the battery 100% dead would that cause a reset? I’ve run mine to LO and it automatically shuts down and thats when I stop. Exception: when running any of the single freqs and it shuts down if you wait about a minute and restart and immediately move back into any of the M123 the battery indicator goes back up to 50%ish.

Just a thought…… if one runs the battery 100% dead would that cause a reset? I’ve run mine to LO and it automatically shuts down and thats when I stop. Exception: when running any of the single freqs and it shuts down if you wait about a minute and restart and immediately move back into any of the M123 the battery indicator goes back up to 50%ish.
I would think like everything else today like your cell phone, laptop, for example, batteries run all the way down until it dies, doesn’t erase everything on your devices. You used to be able to even take out tour battery on your phone and it still kept all your settings and info.
All depends on the components like the memory they put in it. A $10 alarm clock resets, i would think a $600 piece of electronics weather it be your phone, tv, detector hold their memory

I was thinking more like your car radio. 9 times outta 10 if you unhook the battery the clock resets at 12:00 and the radio resets at 540 AM.

To address the theory of the battery being completely dead therefore the whole system gets reset doesn't make sense because for one I have only once ran it all the way down where it shut off by itself and second why are all my other settings not getting erased? I actually repair electronics for a living and have a pretty good understanding on how those type of circuits work (gonna be a microcontroller keeping time with maybe a crystal oscillator for more accurate time keeping but nowadays most MCUs have an internal clock that while not as accurate should be just fine for keeping track of time.) It would always be running in the background and uses uAs of power. Its not just the time that gets reset though its also how the time is displayed like 24hr vs 12hr.

I will try the factory rest and report back if I still have those issues.

To address the theory of the battery being completely dead therefore the whole system gets reset doesn't make sense because for one I have only once ran it all the way down where it shut off by itself and second why are all my other settings not getting erased? I actually repair electronics for a living and have a pretty good understanding on how those type of circuits work (gonna be a microcontroller keeping time with maybe a crystal oscillator for more accurate time keeping but nowadays most MCUs have an internal clock that while not as accurate should be just fine for keeping track of time.) It would always be running in the background and uses uAs of power. Its not just the time that gets reset though its also how the time is displayed like 24hr vs 12hr.

I will try the factory rest and report back if I still have those issues.
Thats what i was basically trying to say but you were able to put it more eloquently lol

NV in "NVRAM" stands for "non-volatile", meaning it shouldn't lose stored values without power. However, it doesn't mean that the Legend has all its settings stored in NVRAM, which means that after "battery dead" event, a factory reset (duh!) is a good idea.

Oh, and running battery dead is quite bad for said battery's longevity, try to avoid that.

PS: What the hell are y'all running that a factory reset would be such a dramatic event? Some super duper intricate disc pattern?…

I've not done a factory reset in a couple months but have run the battery down to the shut off level two or three times and the clock is within a minute or two of being the same as it should be. You never run the battery down 100% , just to the level where it drops below the detectors warning level is triggered. I'm sure there is enough reserve left in the battery to keep the clock working , probably for months.

Wouldn’t a factory reset wipe the time out though?
Nope, not that factory reset. The factory reset you do after firmware update only clears the stored "program" values and doesn't affect the clock. There's another sequence that does a total wipeout though, and it does reset the clock… But it's only used for "stuck" machines that are otherwise unresponsive.
Also everytime the Legend is charged, the headphones need to be re-paired.
That's not normal, you may want to open a support ticket with Nokta.

Be sure you have the clock setting on 12 hr , you might have 24 hr selected and that might throw you off. I had done that . I have charged my Legend 4-5 times now and the clock is right on . That is with 1.09 version HH Tony

To date Ive had no clock problems and headphones have stayed paired. Only problem with mine is Threshold will not go above 11, it starts a “beeping” like cadence.

looks like a bunch of small problems
Weird thing is that different people have different small problems.
Like not everyone has a speaker issue or clock problem.
Curious as if we go back with every detector of every brand, someone is having a problem with something.
I think that just goes with any electronics
Look at reviews for tv’s, computers, washers, dryers etc. for example I’ve had tv’s, etc with no problems for 10+ years and some have this problem or that problem right away and vise versa.
Something about the inherent nature of electronics.
I do know its more frustrating to have problems the more you pay for something though. Maybe someone who has done this hobby for a very long time can chime in, has there ever been one made with no problems? Problems being outside of just not to your liking of course.

Something about the inherent nature of electronics.
Tolerances, sample variability and varying usage conditions. Applies to any complex machinery, not just electronics. What works perfectly fine in "normal use" scenarios can exhibit "problems" and sample-to-sample variations when you push its limits. Oftentimes cutting production costs leads to "pushing its limits" as a default mode of operation – for example, the Galaxy Note 7 and their exploding batteries…