Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend

Tom, I think Legend can be as easy to learn. The stock programs work well and they make the machine basically turn on and go. Once you get comfortable with the detector you can start fiddling with all the buttons and make as many adjustments as you like.

It is set up a lot like your Garrett and works great straight from the box. I'm sure you will find the tone very expressive and numbers quite accurate. If you notched out anything on the Garrett, you can do the same with the Legend. If you always wished the Garrett had more tones, it is possible on the Legend. The sound is very important so set the pitch of the tone(s) where you like it and can hear the best and go see how well it finds and identifies things. You can even dunk it in the creeks, no problem. I would suggest if you think a change in an advanced option such as recovery speed, iron reject, etc. first learn what they do and how to change them. Then find a weak target and switch back and forth and see if it helps or not. If it makes it worse, maybe try the other way, but only make one change at a time and see for yourself if it helps. Advice from others might not be applicable in your area. I really like mine.

You won’t have any problem at all. You will be amazed at the difference.

Just like dancing, start with the boxstep and soon you will be doing the Tango!!!

Well with anything new technology wise these days, there is going to be some learning curve. I would start at with the basic programs to get a feel for. Say 20 to 30 hrs. Don't be intimated by the manual yet, just start out small. Plus compare your needs (hunting modes, freq. filters, etc.) that you are comfortable with.

Good luck with your decision. TC-NM