Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's design the world's best beach detector!

the world is vast, there is always a summer somewhere :)

Manta technology is fully operational
mechanics party took a bit late, but should no longer delay

RC said:
Follow in the steps of Anchor electronics Their Barracuda PI. It went deep over 18 inches on Spanish silver. Paid 1500 15 years ago. Sadly not made anymore, but one hell of a good water machine. Nothing interfered with it. When it was being made for me I had them tweak it towards gold. Great machine more than paid for itself.

Yeah ... I had more than one ... great PI detector for the salt water but like all PI detectors ... in fresh water it went crazy for a bobby pin down 20" in the mud.
If you dont mind digging out all the trash of if you want all the metal in the ground no matter what it is the Barracuda is one that will do it.

stephenscool said:
Nox fad is running out of gas, summer about to begin.. now's the time if ever there was one

You can call it a fad if you want but the Equinox did advance the state of the art a bit.
Waterproof, sensitive, lightweight, multi frequency, and stable in saltwater.
Till the Equinox you paid $2500 for a detector that was all that.
I predict the Equinox will become THE beach detector for quite a while.

Ground radar is an Idea that has been in the head of most metal detector users since way back when.
The thought of being able to see at least the actual outlined size and shape of the target on a screen would be a game changer.
But with current technology it just isnt going to happen.
Even a new technology that could reliably detect gold from pull tabs would be a huge step forward.
I bet there are engineers that have spent many a sleepless nights trying to work that one out.
Perhaps some of that alien spacecraft technology (should it ever trickle out of the military's hands) would lend to development of such a detector.

Really though we shouldn't make this sport too easy.
Who would go search a beach for hours without ever digging up one target cause they could see what each one really was.