Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's design the world's best beach detector!

Hi,

I detect the European beaches for many years now using only PI-based detectors.
I used all generations of Pulsepower, Deepstar, Goldscan IV, Goldquest SSV3, Aquastar, and Goldscan 5c.

I stay now with the Goldscan 5c which has been modified to get a delay of 7us, powered under 18volts and a few other things....

What do I expect from a PI ?

- Waterproof, depth at least of 30 meters
- Different sizes of coils
- Pulse delay <= 7µs
-Removable headphones
Watertight for diving,
Normal for the rest, better sound !

-Battery of large autonomy .!
- at least, as an option outside the box to allow more autonomy and better distributed weight, On my 5c
the battery is carried at the back in the pocket of a hunting jacket; its autonomy allows to scan for 2 days at full power ...

- A picture of my 5c
- A ventral case
- Battery (blue pack 5000mah) at the back
- A very light cane with a solid waterproof coil
The whole system allows hunting a complete day without tiring.
This is in my opinion the best configuration, lighter and more compact would even be better…

Just a telescopic cane with handle.
The outside cable allows folding up the rod as much as possible for transport
If it goes into a backpack, it's perfect.

The design is not a concern for me; the only important factor is the performance on gold
And I do not pull the high voltage PI to pick up money

The 7us delay allows to concentrate to the low conductor targets (Gold and platinum)
the rest I leave it to the children enjoying their F22 :)

CTX or ATX are beautiful, set on a fireplace
but I would not hunt for 6 hours in a row with any of them.
It seems impossible to me and after a week you have no more shoulder or a tennis elbow...

A lot of manufacturers concentrate on the design, this may be the seller, but in my opinion they are wrong.
For those who are really looking for gold, only performance is important, and performance is not just the machine,
it is also and above all the possibility of using it for a long time without tiring.

The more you spend time on the ground, the more you find gold

If you think a VLF or BBS is good on gold, I should tell you though that a very good PI is much better.
With them, you take a ring of 10 gr at its limit of depth.
A very good PI will take to the same depth a ring of 2 gr!
At the end of the day, there is a huge difference.

If Fisher puts everything in a single detector
The price will not really be a problem, it will be refunded quickly....!

With my old Goldscan, I often make several gold rings on a tide
By the way, passing behind other prospectors

I am not better than another; I just own a very good detector, which I considered the best
until now.
I'm sure we can have better, much, much better.

Wow! LE.JAG - I was hoping you would post.

I know you had one or more of the Aquamanta prototypes. I am so very eager to see what production beach detector emerges from the cooperation between Alexandre Tartar and Fisher (First Texas).

Depth equal to or superior to the best PI detectors, along with reliable iron discrimination to full depth. Add modern ergonomic design and perhaps modular optional power and no beach will be safe. You are right, no matter what they charge, you can get your momey back if you hit the beach. Frankly, I hope they charge "an arm and a leg" for the machine - let them take the Minelab approach. That way they get higher margin - same profit on fewer unit sales - and most important LESS COMPETITION FOR US EARLY ADOPTERS"

As soon as one becomes available, I plan to go "on safari". I'm hoping for something by next summer - but who knows!

Hi Rick,

Not the right to say a lot of things ...
Just, that I always test the machine of Alexander
Since the last video, the machine to much evolve

Fisher now has all the cards in his hand
To have the best beach PI

Which will offer this kind of result
A week of hunting, beaches very hunted
You can see, many rings light
It's there: that the 7us makes all the difference
About 50 gr (18k) I was simply deeper than all the others ....

The hardest now, will be to wait :)

Hey Jagounnet !

It is for what the holes in coil ?
C'est pour quoi faire les trous dans le disque ?

Are you satisfied with golden mask shaft ?
Elle est bien la canne de chez golden mask ?

I thought you used the manta or aquamanta ?
Je pensais que tu utilisais le manta ou l'aqua... et non tu continues avec le 5C

:)

Hello nono,

I use the last proto manta
But I can not put a picture ....

Photo of a hunting week with 5c
It's just to show what a 7us high voltage gives
it is the best
Knowing that the last manta is much better
At all levels

- the holes in the disc, just so that the sand does not stick
There is no resin in the bars

New beach PI
I though I was dreaming when I first saw this post. I can see folks that have already posted have some great idea's. So I will not re list any of them but will say again.
Looks do not matter a black box, shaft and a couple coils. Put all the hard work under the hood. Power and build it strong.
A couple question I have has this already begun? Is Fisher really committed to the build? Fisher really does need a winner. Thanks for asking what we want that is a great start. Good Luck.

There will be PI's from Fisher (First Texas). What capabilities and features they will have and when they will appear - who knows.

Jim Robertson said:
New beach PI
I though I was dreaming when I first saw this post. I can see folks that have already posted have some great idea's. So I will not re list any of them but will say again.
Looks do not matter a black box, shaft and a couple coils. Put all the hard work under the hood. Power and build it strong.
A couple question I have has this already begun? Is Fisher really committed to the build? Fisher really does need a winner. Thanks for asking what we want that is a great start. Good Luck.

Hello Jim,

I remember a few years ago
I had bought you
a goldquest SSV3, find lots of gold with :beers:
a very good machine

yes Alexandre now works for Fisher First Texas
the detector, currently: code-name: aquamanta
will be wel a Fisher

prototype much deeper than the SSV3
which was already far ahead of a GT
just imagine.............

Why cant they just make a detector that shows you whats under the coil. a ground penetrating detector that shows the actual object on a screen.you would never have to dig trash again. just dig the good stuff.

Follow in the steps of Anchor electronics Their Barracuda PI. It went deep over 18 inches on Spanish silver. Paid 1500 15 years ago. Sadly not made anymore, but one hell of a good water machine. Nothing interfered with it. When it was being made for me I had them tweak it towards gold. Great machine more than paid for itself.

Keep the Fisher design (cz21) where the battery compartment is separated from the electronics.

But have a battery that doesn't have any connections. If it is held up against a certain spot (with no connectors) it will power the unit. It can be charged in a similar fashion. If the battery compartment is flooded only the battery will be damaged. This will be a connecterless battery that can power the unit and be recharged with NO connectors and without having to be removed from the battery "compartment ". The advantages are the battery can be changed for people that hunt longer than 5 or 6 hours, or for people in the field unable to charge the old battery.

This idea is open for any metal detector manufacturer but especially useful for water machines.

RC said:
Follow in the steps of Anchor electronics Their Barracuda PI. It went deep over 18 inches on Spanish silver. Paid 1500 15 years ago. Sadly not made anymore, but one hell of a good water machine. Nothing interfered with it. When it was being made for me I had them tweak it towards gold. Great machine more than paid for itself.

I will look for the big coins and very large rings at about 50 cm = 20 inch // coil 15 inches, but the 12 is not very far (more sensitive)
on compact sandy beaches, of course
but must be equipped accordingly
3 mm homemade stainless steel gamatte
that of trade are not strong enough to dig at this depth

+ the first yellows of Fisher -Manta :) // a week of tests on different beaches
only 18k
the small 0.8 gr was taken at about 20/25 cm = 9 inch

Keep thinking. An opportunity to actually influence design and development of what will be the next purpose built beach machine - no holds barred - no compromises to terrestrial use - just smart folks taking a shot at making the best beach detector.

My plan is to get one early, pack up my little /casita travel trailer and start a temporary carreer as a beach bum.

A search for treasure - the Grail - heck, maybe they should call the detector that!

Check out some of the shafts i designed. Skinny as a golf club, ultra light, strong, and little to no flex. More hydrodynamic, less weight and easier to reach into hard to get at spots such as bushes

This thread went to sleep last year - meanwhile the Fisher PI project moves along. Electronics done - mechanical package underway - testing - when??

I’m patiently waiting for more info about availability of this machine, I just know it’s gonna be KING of the beach and look forward to getting one in my hands asap, can’t wait to see what it looks like.

John

The early videos from France showed amazing performance from a mechanically somewhat “clunky” prototype. The performance was real enough to make Tom Walsh - CEO of Frost Texas (and a guy careful with his investment dollars) “acquihire” Alexandre Tartar - making him a Fisher employee and acquiring rights to the design and technology.

Now time has passed - Fisher will likely present us with a detector with all the grace and ergonomic perfection of the T2 and F75 - or I will eat my hat!

When? Wish I knew....But not THAT much longer, I bet.