Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's hear about them already!

ronhob

I am amazed no one has posted anything on them yet. Someone has to own one!:whites::usaflag:

They do look like a very capable machine and with a very good price as well,only trouble is i own a DFX so cannot see me changing for one of these machines,wont ever part with my DFX.

They will appeal to the person who is just starting out in detecting,the only trouble is this sector is becoming swamped with new machines of late and only a finite amount of newbies joining the hobby,of course Whites must have done plenty of homework and research in this sector prior to release of these new machine,could well be a very big winner for them.

I went to my dealer, he had order two and I wanted to see one but they sold as soon as he got them. I think they would be a nice detector to carry in your car for quit hunts when you get a chance.

these are a big disappointment, i expected alot more machine from whites. the build quailty is good but the proformance is nothing more than a bounty hunter . good for a child or someone just starting out . the machine is chattery and the ID is not even close,

bigtruck68 said:
these are a big disappointment, i expected alot more machine from whites. the build quailty is good but the proformance is nothing more than a bounty hunter . good for a child or someone just starting out . the machine is chattery and the ID is not even close,

How many hours do you have on yours and what king of hunting environments have you used it in?

Hi 68, You might have one of the first ones that were recalled. They had a bad ground balance switch . Call Whites and give them the number off it. They will replace it I am sure.

I also own a DfX, that I use with a Bigfoot coil. Will my Bigfoot coil will work with the TreasurePro??

Hi 68, Did you call Whites ? Did they take care of you ? Let us know. I want one of the Pros when they come out. I am sure they will sent wright. Let US KNOW

My TreasureMaster is a pleasure to use and I am very happy with it. In air tests, it nails coins at 9", which is very good for this price range. The large display is easy on old eyes for sure! I have been at this hobby since 1968 and have used dozens of machines from all manufacturers. I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use, and how well it works. I have had a Garrett Ace 250, and I like this machine better. Of course it will not compete with my ATGold, but that is not what is it all about! I keep this machine for its ease of use and for its great for the price performance! It is super easy for me to let new users use this when I take them out to get them acclimated to our wonderful hobby. The Pro will add some nicer features, like the ability to turn off the auto ground tracking and in particular, a lighted display but, honestly, the TreasureMaster is a great machine for the price. I suspect that Bigtruck68 had a defective unit. There is NO way that this is a bad machine. My machine is not chattery if you adjust the sensitivity to suit the area you are hunting, and the ID is very good. I can only deduce a defective unit was in play there.

I see they are now listed on the White's site. Looks like 8.2 kHz. http://www.whiteselectronics.com/treasurepro

Greetings
My name Algerio .Torino, Italy, some nodded read all the news again MD, now use only a c-scope csmxi, as good as work on mineralized but is poor in depth, is best EUROACE 350, used mxtro, good md only problems in very mineralized, just change the area for no preoblemi
Now I think cs6mxi sell for pro master, I hope not repent
My email algerio.bergonzo@gmail.com
thanks for reply
Algerio

I plan to buy one for my wife but undecided about which model. Both are claimed to have a "beach" mode but that may be just marketing hype. I don't think a single frequency machine will perform well on beaches when you are detecting in and out of wet salt sand. I hope I'm wrong about that but from experience with other detectors and what I've read, I doubt it.

Fresh water beaches, they should be fine but salt water beaches really needs a multi frequency or pulse detector IMHO.

Larry,
From what I have read, I (unfortunately) believe you are 100% accurate on this. I have been trying to find the best answer for my wife who is petite and all the MF and pulse detectors are just too heavy for her.
Thanks for your input!

Keep your eye on the XP Deus . . . . . they have a new coil and software which will be available in early 2016 that will provide the performance one is looking for on a salt water / black sand beach and the weight will remain in the 2 pound range.

Testing is underway now to finalize both the coil and the software (which can be downloaded at no charge to existing Deus units)

Andy