Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's hype the Fight before it is time to get it on!

Elton said:
George:
Have you looked at the other side of things. Perhaps the internet has allowed the manufactures to sell more product and remain in business.
I know it has helped the distributors and dealers for certain, and therefore the manufacturers with detector orders...This internet forum ( Finds Treasure Forums ) has enabled the dealers to sell many, many products.........

I understand Elton. I have done allot of purchases and trades with dealers. Unfortunately I'm no longer able to view the classifieds because of my trading. That has me pissed off because I feel I have contributed to this forum over many years!

IDXMonster said:
"Right side of the grass"...:lol: Keep on keepin' on my man!

Not as easy as it used to be!:stretcher:

Hey AJ,
"Steal our time". You mean like television? The only time my T.V. was on was when there was a football game on. Because of recent "goings on" with certain players and teams...my T.V. stays off. I guess it all depends on where you want to spend your time. I agree with you, though, the net is just as bad as the boob tube. I don't do social media of any type so that helps too. If "they" want to look at my every move, bummer for them! They would fall asleep from boredom.

Hey George,
Everybody has to start somewhere. We were all novices at this game at one time. We all see the "experts" making novice mistakes on You Tube as well. As you well know, it isn't easy detecting and shooting video at the same time. Dr. Tones does a great job.

I was nugget shooting a few days ago with a very experienced guy. Argueably an "expert". He gets back to the quad and shows us his "nugget"...it was a small rock. We asked why the rock was so special. To his shock, he realizes that he put this rock in his nugget bottle instead of the target! He hikes all the way back to the hole and finds the target, which, (thankfully) turned out to be a nice nugget. Obviously, he committed a rookie mistake by not re-checking the hole. We all had a good laugh. It happens to all of us.

Dean

Yeah, I'm far from an expert and you'll never hear me claim to be. I just like to share what I have learned with others while I continue to learn.

\"Dr.Tones\" said:
Yeah, I'm far from an expert and you'll never hear me claim to be. I just like to share what I have learned with others while I continue to learn.
And I for one, appreciate that from you..........Keep your posts up & keep producing your video's!

Iowa Dale

I also appreciate all that you have contributed to our hobby. Keep sharing your knowledge and producing your videos. Would love to have you come and speak at our club in Reno, NV.

Dale(Ia) said:
\"Dr.Tones\" said:
And I for one, appreciate that from you..........Keep your posts up & keep producing your video's!

Iowa Dale

Ditto!

Dean

Hopefully soon? I need to make a phone call and set it up. I've been talking about it for a few months. I think things are settling down enough now that it should be possible. Hope to see you guys soon!

Looks like "The Fight" has a split decision" Interesting debate! And as you see it did not get ugly like most !

:bouncy: yes we live in the information age...some of it needs some sorting to find truth but that's half the fun right :pulltab:

AJ

amberjack said:
:bouncy: yes we live in the information age...some of it needs some sorting to find truth but that's half the fun right :pulltab:

AJ

Some major sorting out! :surrender:

Time to step back and wait for the Ultimate Test when the coil hits the soil in Virginia. Our "Iron Belt" soil will make my final decision to purchase one. Keep digging! Regards

woodchiphustler said:
Looks like "The Fight" has a split decision" Interesting debate! And as you see it did not get ugly like most !
Agreed, and I commend all participants for keeping it civil :clapping:
Jeff

See!! We ARE civil!!!! Haha

It's funny, as soon as the parachute opened Equinox chatter exploded around the world, videos galore were released (many really lame ones from bottom feeders trying to get in on the lime light), then lots of detector bantering on all the forums, tons of alternative facts and utter non-sense being posted, and then all things Equinox seemed to come to a head, and just like that the Equinox dust kind of settled (for the time being at least).

Personally, unless Minelab posts something interesting, I don't need to see any more foreign language videos, or forum conjecture, I'll wait until my machine is delivered and I can run it through it's paces - relic hunting at my mineralized AND iron infested ghost town and stage stop sites (where iron see through and depth are important), beach detecting salt water beaches, and with it's purported prospecting capabilities, it would be fun to take it for a spin at Rye Patch for some nuggets.

Minelab knows what their doing, and has an excellent track record of releasing highly effective machines, and given their reputation I don't see the Equinox being a turd, I expect it will be quite the opposite.

hh,
Brian

95% here have never hunted in the "Hot" V.A. soil. Until you have hunted any New Machines in V.A. Hot Soil, it all talk!! Over the years I would say 90% machines used in V.A. hot soil have limited Depth and no depth Disc Mode. Most good hunters using VLF you the all -metal mode to clean most sites out. The P.I. like the Whites TDI opened Bad Ground sites up with good price. I just think all Relics I missed from the old day If I had TDI!!!! Chuck

All I know is Mine lab has finally came out with a Detector That I think I will work for my use as its looks Light and waterproof and affordable . I have used a few older mine labs and they were like swinging a brick on a stick to this old man . even though they were accurate and great silver coin hounds, just could never get in a good 6 to 8 hour day hunting as they were killers on my shoulder. But now I see a chance to own one that want kill from both ends just the end where the coil is I hope . Thank you mine lab just don't do like Tesoro and Garrett and keep US waiting .

BarryL said:
All I know is Mine lab has finally came out with a Detector That I think I will work for my use as its looks Light and waterproof and affordable . I have used a few older mine labs and they were like swinging a brick on a stick to this old man . even though they were accurate and great silver coin hounds, just could never get in a good 6 to 8 hour day hunting as they were killers on my shoulder. But now I see a chance to own one that want kill from both ends just the end where the coil is I hope . Thank you mine lab just don't do like Tesoro and Garrett and keep US waiting .

So funny when Brandon shows the Garrett chick his roman coin he just dug with the Nox at Detectaval, and she says "ohhhh I want one" and we see the Nox slowly raise up and the hear the Garrett agony of defeat cry from Relic Recoverists - LOL

Nox by Calcobra, on Flickr

:rofl: She gave me Sooooo much crap for that ! :heh: