Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Little Redfish Lake, Idaho

Mason Jarr

I shot this photo in late October and finally got around to processing the files. I think this was the best of the bunch. I was awake and on the road a couple of hours before sunrise to get to this spot I'd scoped out the day before. I wish the clouds had been a little thicker, but the weather is what it is. I'm planning on going back to this location in the earlier fall this year when the aspens and willows still have their autumn colors. This is just a few miles south of Stanley, Idaho and is one of the most scenic areas in central Idaho.

Wow. This started out as a 13 Mpix JPEG file. Of course reducing that down to the size limit for this site needed to removed a lot of those pixels. But, I recommend just looking at the preview image. If you click on the file to enlarge it, most of the detail is lost. I wish I could put the entire file on here because it looks great on my 4K monitor.

Very nice photo Mason Jarr. Some very nice scenery there. Where you there for metal detecting or something else?

Hey Roscue. I was in the area (staying at a buddy's cabin) while elk hunting. It's a lottery hunt and I was lucky enough to draw one of the 63 tags for that unit.

Beautiful picture. I would love to be in a canoe paddling around and enjoying the scenery there. Thank you for sharing it with us. Did you get your elk?

Thank you guys. Nancy, I did get one. On the next to the last day of the season. I was after a big bull that I saw several times, but he was wiser than me. I like to eat elk, so I got on an average size 5X5 right at dark and I knew I'd better not push my luck. No wall mount, but my freezer is full of good, chemical free meat. You should get a canoe and plan a visit to that area. That is one of several lakes around. Redfish Lake (which is quite a bit larger than Little Redfish Lake) even has a resort lodge and cabins, plus RV camping. I've been in Idaho for 20+ years and the Stanley basin is my favorite place. Very cold in the winter though.

Congrats on your elk. I've not ate elk but I bet it's mighty tasty. Your area sounds like a little peace of heaven. :happy:

I've lived in quite a few places having spent 30 years in the Air Force, but I like Idaho the best. It's not perfect, but close enough. Elk is my favorite wild game. I'd much rather eat it than deer.