Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

little volume in GG underwater headphones

nimbus

I have little volume in my GG underwater headphones, even though I have all the volume controls turned all the way up. Detector Pro says there is a frequency adjustment I can try, but was not sure how to go about doing this. Anyone have any idea?

My regular headphones work great.

Sorry I can't help.. bumping to top hoping someone who can, will see this...

Here are the setting I am currently using.........Mine are loud enough.

Remember, Headphones must be attached to make change and to keep these settings........

[attachment 241907 setting.jpg]

Let me add, These were the settings the last time I was out.

You can see me(Joe DeMarco) and Dave(swinginSouthJersey), In the videos on YouTube.

We are in the stream near a busy raodway......Traffic noise, Kids playing.

If you need additional help let me know.........We can make some other changes to help.

I have the same issues with my GG headphones. I bumped everything up like Joe did and it was loud enough. They are not like my sunray golds that I love. I like a little threshold tone and the only way this was happening was running wide open. I would like to know a fix for this as well.

Water Phones, and Land Phones they use a very different speaker......

Water uses what is called a pizie(sp?), Which is a speaker mounted/sealed onto plastic to make sound. Makes for no water movement pushed into the ears.

Land use a normal high quality speaker made to match the manufacture of the head phones spec. These very a lot depending on manufacture,

JMHO

Joe DeMarco

Thank you for your helpful replies.
I believe that I have to get my ears cleaned out and change the style of how I hunt using these headphones.

I used a decibel meter app on my i-phone called Decibel 10 (free) to record how loud the speakers are

As a base level 42db was recorded in a quite room

With the settings Joe provided and the mic right against the earphone speaker, I recorded 47db
If I cupped both speakers over the mic it went up to 53db

I can barely hear the threshold at these settings in a quite room, but a target sounds good at 82db using a dime 2" in an air test with the speakers cupped over the mic

I have to raise the threshold to 40 to hear it well enough over background noise of the ocean with 2-3' waves and top that off with all the noise from hundreds of people and the wind. I was concerned that with the threshold that high smaller and deeper targets would be missed. And that kinda proved true because I recovered $15.75 in quarters, $.37 pennies, $.80 dimes and $.35 nickles. It's not a bad day but its skued to larger finds and depths were at a max of 7-8" in the low tide wet sand. No rings and very few low conductive numbers, rings and foil; well let me clarify i didn't find any rings.

I really want to use these headphones above water, for obvious reasons. I like them alot, but I just wish they were louder without having to turn up the threshold so far. Perhaps its just as well a ctx thing; Minelab should have foresaw the need to provide an underwater machine with increased volume control. Well I rambled on long enough...thanks for all your help! and happy hunting.

88 db at 50

The GG UW's can be made louder by removing the inline coil that is in the inlet cup....Not sure why they put that little coil in there other then to make them compatible for all detectors? I've removed 4 for Excalibur hunters, and the increase is amazing. If needed I can post pic's.joe

Joe, thanks for the information. Pictures would be great. I will be waiting to see them. Can the coil be replaced if you should want to to keep from violating the warranty, in case you should have to return them for service?

From the excalibur, GGUW coil remove. This excal did not have the GG on so I had to wire them thur the endcap. And, I'm sure it would upset the Boys over at GG to see there handy work moded. Changing the Audio on the Underwater Greg Ghost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQa05Oe7qU&feature=youtu.be